Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs done too early, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs done too early, help

I started some st. Louis style ribs about 4:30 this morning and went back to sleep, and apparently as the outdoor temperature rose so did the temperature in my grill. They're going to be done way too early, longer than want to hold them in a cambro. Any suggestions how I should hold and/or reheat them?

My first option would be to eat those suckers for breakfast!

Ive held in the oven at 160 for a couple hours and they've been fine.

When I have leftover ribs, I reheat them by slicing them individually and putting them in the oven at 200 for about 15 or 20.mins.

Comment

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I'm probably more like 4 hours

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Have them for breakfast and throw another rack or two on!

Eat em & cook more! 🕶

Comment

Wrap them real tight in foil, wrap a towel or two around them and stick ‘em in a warm oven as suggested. I’ve done 3-4 hours like that and they were fine.

Comment

I have held them in a warm oven successfully when necessary The greatest danger is the exterior getting dried out, so keep them wrapped or covered.

Comment

I've held them in a cambro (wrapped in cooler) and then just before serving coat with bbq sauce on top and quickly sear on the hot grill - a minute or two with bone up.

Comment

Thanks all, worked out fine. Wrapped in foil in a warm oven for about 4 hours, didn't dry out too bad, and everybody was happy with them

Comment

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              a little apple juice or apple cider vinegar in the wrap helps....

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here