Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Semi Blasphemy Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Semi Blasphemy Ribs

Blasphemy ribs were the best when I first tried them. I am making some ribs tomorrow for my son, step son and myself while my wife goes to dinner with some friends.

Instead of cutting into individual bones, I elected to cut them into 2, 3, or 4 bones. This will let me place the ribs ideally around the kettle and Slow N Sear.

I used a mix of MMD, Central BBQ, and Rufus Teague rubs. I'll throw a little more rub on tomorrow and smoke them until they are done just right. I'm going to make some homemade mac n cheese as well, and to act like we are being healthy, grill some asparagus.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200704_125828.jpg Views:	0 Size:	171.1 KB ID:	875675

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_120006.jpg Views:	44 Size:	238.5 KB ID:	875479
    Last edited by droopie69; July 5, 2020, 09:32 AM.

I did a variation a while back called Double Blasphemy Ribs. They were individual, but cooked at 325. Let us know how yours turn out.

Comment

• droopie69
      droopie69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not planning on wasting time...so I may run them at 275-300. I figure it'll take 2-3 hrs. Just enough time to make the Mac and drink a cold Shiner or 3.

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      droopie69 If I remember correctly the individual ribs took about 1 1/2 hours at 325.

• droopie69
      droopie69 commented
      Editing a comment
      LA Pork Butt I want to eat around 5ish, so getting them on the hot smoker by 3 will work out great! Since I am doing 3 and 4 bones, I might bump up to 300-325 and plan for 2 hours or less.

Sounds like a great plan. Let us know how it all turns out.

Kathryn

Comment

• droopie69
      droopie69 commented
      Editing a comment
      My problem always is I am excited to get it done and am hungry. I eat and forget to take pics! After I am full and remember the pics, the food is G O N E! LOL

I took pics! Probably cooked the ribs about 30 min too long. The ones close to the coals had a little 'thick' bark. But that spicy Rufus Teague rub y'all! The ribs were tender and juicy, good smoke, great flavor. The Mac was on point and the asparagus was good, but a few of the big ones were a little tough.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200705_180254.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	876065Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200705_180256.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	876066Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200705_180258.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	876067

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here