Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork butt for the Fourth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork butt for the Fourth

I was in the mood for pulled pork, so I got the PBC fired up. I used Steve Raichlen's 5-4-3-2-1 (actually a 5-4-2-1, since I dry brined). Five parts paprika, four parts brown sugar, two parts pepper, and one part cumin. I threw some apple wood chunks on for additional smoke.

Here's when I cracked the lid to boost the temps, since it was starting to fall off . Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200704_121600.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	875254
    So far, so good!

I made some of Huskee Original Shawsh and the East Carolina vinegar sauce from the free side for sauces.

This PBC has now done butts on both coasts!

There is going to be some good eating there in Poway tonight! Looks great.

Comment

That's a well traveled pbc

Comment

• tdimond
        tdimond commented
        Editing a comment
        My career took us cross country about a year ago. It's been interesting.

That’s an awesome looking butt you have there...LOL.

Comment

And the final product:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200704_180310.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	875429Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200704_181304.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	875430

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
          Sweaty Paul commented
          Editing a comment
          Nicely done

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here