Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Brisket experiment (Pigsket)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    So sry if'n I caused a domestic row, but, Good Lord, Man! Th Beans must go on....

• RichardCullip
    commented on 's reply
    Looking good. Glad it turned out for you. I’ll be giving mine a try in a week or so.

• patcrail
    replied
    As for the Pigsket, it’s a 7 beer cook (about 6 hours), but that was after a 5-beer grill assembly/burn-in, so your mileage may vary 😎
    Remember, every time you put meat in a crockpot, a baby kitten dies & a kid becomes a vegan!

Leave a comment:

• patcrail
    replied
    Too early to tell on the poor man’s Pigsket (frankenpig), it’s stalled around 165, probes a little tough, so wrapped & going on

Leave a comment:

• patcrail
    replied
    Verdict 1! The Pigsket: this was one incredible piece of pig meat! It was tiny, but had a gorgeous bark, juicy when sliced, fork tender, all in all, damned good, but for $21, waay overpriced! And don’t use much heat in your rub on a cut this thin, it really adds more heat than normal... but a half-fork of cole slow in each bite balanced it out beautifully... when the bigger one gets here, I’ll try Memphis Dust without the hot peppers... other than that, don’t plan to change a thing!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Simple, yet oh so Elegant, Brother!

• patcrail
    replied
    I give you the "Po Cambro"...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• patcrail
    replied
    Ok, 6 hours in (forgot to take pics, so these are from 4.5 hours, more bark now), the brisket hit 190, the Frankenpig was deep in its own 165 stall, but was as probe tender as the brisket, so I wrapped both, put the brisket in the faux Cambro to hold, and the Frankenbrisket is carrying on, wrapped

Leave a comment:

• patcrail
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, & no, lol 😆.... I let it get low on charcoal (first cook on the new kettle & SNS, so still lots to learn), so it only dropped for 15 minutes, but it went from having to choke it way down to keep it under 250, to having to refuel & crank it up some to keep it over 200... that could well be the cause of the 150 mini-stall

• patcrail
    commented on 's reply
    Mr. Bones ... I gave that choice to the Ol Lady, and she nixed the beans.. but I told her about an hour ago I was vetoing that shot next time, ain’t wastin all those drippins again!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Multi stalls are NOT uncommon...

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Def lookin forward to yer (his) rub receipt, like I ain't got eleventeen hunnert already, but there is new life, in every idea...

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Good call, goin in blind, an would follow yer followin his advice, if / when I git to try one out...

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    If I might make an observation, fer future reference?
    I see zackly zero beans, below yer pork, to catch alla th gooodness.
    Certainly yer call, Brother, but reckon I'da played it a lil different

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    I have some china, like dat, same same pattern, widely known on this here very forum lol! Keep it Simple
    I dang sure try to....

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here