Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vermont pig candy ribs question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vermont pig candy ribs question

Sorry if this was already covered..long time lurker recent subscriber, and had a question about these ribs I'm making later today.

So I get the gist of it..but two things I'm unsure on. The times seem pretty specific in that recipe...but is it safe to assume since all ribs are not made the same that I'd leave them on until they pass the bend test before I move forward with the glaze?

Second question is, I have a camp chef DLX. Which I love. But unfortunately my sidekick with the grill attachment won't be here until later this week. Should I just crank the heat up at the end? Wouldn't be direct heat though which is my only concern..or should I broil for a short or use some other method?

Thank you!

Welcome to The Pit.

Bend test is good, and you can finish under the broiler in your oven. That's what I do most often. I also warm the sauce a bit in a sauce pan 'cause I don't like putting cold sauce on hot ribs - I know - I'm weird...

Comment

Ok great thanks. Just wasn't sure as there was no mention at least that I saw, just says "this amount of time specifically". I assumed as much just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I asked because I've got a couple really nice racks but they're good sized so obviously I expect them to take longer than say a grocery store rack.

When broiling I assume you've got to do it quick so it doesn't burn? Like a minute or two then check? I prefer to finish on the grill but I loaned my weber out and as I said my sidekick won't be here until this week sadly.

Thanks again!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here