Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs 2 ways...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs 2 ways...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200627_124507.jpg Views:	20 Size:	3.81 MB ID:	871090Click image for larger version  Name:	20200627_151955.jpg Views:	20 Size:	2.23 MB ID:	871091the grill was blazing at about 400 degrees, they cooked in about 2 hours, i should have pulled the roto ribs off after about 1 hour as they were a little over cooked, the meat on the rotisserie ribs was still juicy with a good bite , but the rub was slightly charred. I will definitely try again soon while keeping a closer eye on them,
    I forgot how much fun this little accessory was, think ill try a beef roast soon!Click image for larger version  Name:	20200627_160115(0).jpg Views:	20 Size:	3.96 MB ID:	871092
    Last edited by marshall; June 28, 2020, 08:15 AM.

Good job. First time I ever had rotis ribs was in France. Then seen a recipe for them in one of Raichlen's(sp) cookbooks and started doing them on a routine basis.

Comment

So which did you prefer?

Kathryn

Comment

• marshall
        marshall commented
        Editing a comment
        I ended up over cooking the rotisserie ribs just a little, so the other was slightly better. I will definitely try them that way again but keep a closer eye on them next time.

"No space on the grate? elevate and rotate!" I used to work for the OJ defense team.
      Last edited by HawkerXP; June 28, 2020, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahahaha, sounds like Johhny! Or Jackie Chiles from Seinfeld. LOL

What a fun cook. I love doing stuff like this.

What did you think?

Comment

• marshall
        marshall commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely will do it again, i should have pulled them off sooner as the bark was slightly charred.

And the verdict on the ribs is...

Comment

• marshall
        marshall commented
        Editing a comment
        Delicious! The roto ribs cooked way faster and i should have pulled them off sooner, will try again soon!

• LA Pork Butt
        LA Pork Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        marshall I was wondering whether you rated one better than the other.

• marshall
        marshall commented
        Editing a comment
        The ribs on the grate were better but thats probably became they were not over cooked like the roto ribs, i will have to try again making sure i don't over cook the rotisserie ribs to tell of there is much difference

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here