Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOW WOW WOW what delicieus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW WOW WOW what delicieus

I have found the answer how to get real juicy spare ribs from the sous vide. Just taste them, and OMG how tender they were, this is definitely a keeper.

I'm glad I kept experimenting because this is really incredible!
    Now seriously back to business: you take the spare ribs, remove the membrane, yes I know you knew that already haha ​​you take a large pan, fill it with 2 liters of water 0,5 ( gallon ) (I had 2 large pieces of spare ribs) and do 5- 6% salt in, and 3% caster sugar, stir well until the salt is dissolved, then put the spare ribs in it and leave it (no cheating) in the fridge for 48 hours with the lid on at 3C in the refrigerator.

After 48 hours pat dry and use your own rub (without salt) on it, vacuum pack and 10 hours at 80 degrees sous vide.

After that 10 hours add your own favorite lacquer sauce (I now often use the moisture from the spare ribs which have been cooked sous vide, together with a small can of tomato paste, possibly with a tablespoon of brown sugar and 2 drops of tabasco for 200 ml sauce) and reduce to the desired thickness and finish my spare ribs with it, just 10-15 min on the hot bbq and then I want to know afterwards how much you liked this, because one thing I want to give you, they are wonderfully tender, yet a bite with a lot of flavor.
    Attached Files

Interesting technique. I had to look up what caster sugar is since that wasn’t a term I was familiar with. I also assume that your 80 degrees in sous vide is in Celsius not Fahrenheit degrees.

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      It's regular sugar like we have in America, I think it's grain size is a bit different.

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s a fine gran sugar. texastweeter Winner winner.

Sounds good, but here's another way to try. Put them on a hot grill to brown a bit before adding the sauce. Then add the sauce and return to the hot grill to caramelize the sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCullip View Post
      Interesting technique. I had to look up what caster sugar is since that wasn’t a term I was familiar with. I also assume that your 80 degrees in sous vide is in Celsius not Fahrenheit degrees.
      Correct i mean 80 Celcius.
      I have to calculate everything the Amerikan way like gallon and once, because in The Netherlands we use kilogram en gram en liter

Comment

Originally posted by RonB View Post
        Sounds good, but here's another way to try. Put them on a hot grill to brown a bit before adding the sauce. Then add the sauce and return to the hot grill to caramelize the sauce.
        Yep that's another way to do it, sometimes i do that, just put them on the grill at 160 Celcius en 2 1/4 hours later the are ready, just add sauce and caramilize it.

I also do at 110 Celcius for 3 hours, dan wrap it in tin foil, and after 5 hours they just need sauce that needs to caramilize it

But the way i do it has a huge advantage, namely that you can keep the vacuum packed for a maximum of 3 weeks at a temperature of 3 degrees Celsius, so if the weather suddenly changes from a lot of rain to suddenly the sun, or we are late at home and really want to eat spare ribs but we don't feel like cooking extensively, then we take a few cooked spare ribs out of the fridge, just warm up and enjoy it

Now i got my biggest pan filled with salt water en sugar en had put the spareribs in the brine 2 days in de fridge at 3 Celsius
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Ganesh2; June 27, 2020, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here