Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3-2-0,5 methode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3-2-0,5 methode

hey, here from the Netherlands, i want to show you my ribs, I'm curious what you think about these ribs.
    do it low en slow on my Lumberjack WIFI pellet bbq temp 240 F or 115 C first for 3 hours sprayen with appel juice than wrap it in aluminium foil for 2 hours en then i use my own sauce with Jack daniels whiskey and finish it off
    Attached Files

I'd eat em.
    Nice job.

Comment

They look good and I assume were tender without falling off the bone. most Pitmasters would call that success.

Comment

My personal preference is to just pour the whiskey directly into my mouth.

They look tasty. The question is, what do YOU think about your ribs?

Some folks spray, a lot don't. Some folks wrap their ribs. Other don't. I tried wrapping once, and I didn't like how they came out, but that's probably user error.

Are you happy with the smoke profile?
        Do you like the bark on them? Wrapping can soften the bark, but it keeps the meat moisture in. That's kind of a personal preference.

Is the meat texture how you like it?

Do they take too long? Some do ribs in the 270 range to shorten the cook time.

If YOU'RE happy with your ribs, then they're great. If you want more of an opinion, you're going to need to send some to Houston for inspection.
        Last edited by BFlynn; June 24, 2020, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• pjlstrat
          pjlstrat commented
          Editing a comment
          +2 with @bflynn,,,First one is pouring whiskey into mouth and second is for "what do you think?" I long ago stopped trying to impress others with my cooks. If I like and my family likes it I am good.

Nice job and welcome to The Pit! Looking forward to seeing more great pics from you.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

BFlynn is spot on. Cook to suit yourself and those you feed. Those look great from here!

Comment

I agree - they look great.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Larry View Post
                BFlynn is spot on. Cook to suit yourself and those you feed. Those look great from here!
                But still... send some to Texas. Do you need my address?

Comment

• Ganesh2
                  Ganesh2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yey sure, you get them for free, only shipping costs are for you, however, I just don't know if they taste after shipping, unless they can be sent chilled, but it is vacuum packed

Since you are asking for feedback, here is something I saw - The rub looks a little splotchy in spots. Did you spray them too early? Should let your rub set (finger nail test) before you spray.

How did they come out to you? Were they undercooked? How was your flavor profile?

Comment

• Ganesh2
                  Ganesh2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  tender en juicy, but i miss a bit spicy en sweetness, although i use for my rub castor sugar, garlic, black pepper, smoked paprika powder, paprika powder, salt, sugar, onion powder, chili powder, basil, thyme, fennel, cinnamon. should I leave something or add more from something, because I dont know it yet,
                  When it com's out of the foil, I'll place it back on the pellet bbq 115 C, let it dry for a bit, and than I use my own made glace, and after 20 minutes we eat them

• TripleB
                  TripleB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Interesting rub. I do not add the herbs or cinnamon in my rub, but it does have a touch of allspice. I would describe my rub as "sweet heat". Sweet on the initial bite through and follows with a bit of back heat. Can’t have them too hot or my wife will not like them.

On the rub - and again - 100% personal preference leave out the cinnamon, add cayenne and brown sugar.

I also leave the salt out of the rub, and salt separately.

Comment

just one left in the tin foil
                  Attached Files

Comment

Welkom uit Alberta, Canada. Mooie setup heb je daar!

Comment

Those Ribs look Very Good to me!!

Comment

Those are some meaty ribs! They don't look like that around here. Did they come from some special Heritage hog or something? Maybe Hogzilla?

Your cook sounds excellent to me, and they look marvelous.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here