Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compart Duroc ribs came today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Sound like yer in fer some delicious pork encounters; please, keep us posted, as time permits, Brother!

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    I bet they will be great!!

The loins I pick up sometimes and cut thick. For sure dry brine, then I do a breading station with seasoned flour, seasoned ahh wash and panko. I then fry in lard for the coat and finish in the oven. Pull where you prefer. 130’s for me. It’s rest up to about 140.

Also in the past I had good luck with a wet brine that was dried out overnight and the handled as mentioned above with the breading station.

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    replied
    Tomorrow I am going to do one rack of regular St Louis style and one rack of baby back. I've never done the two and then done a comparison before. I'm thinking they're both going to be awesome.

Leave a comment:

• mountainsmoker
    replied
    Don't worry that they were thawed throw them in the freezer you will never know the difference, especially the bacon and loins. As far as cooking the loins treat them as a very lean meat. I do them on a reverse sear witth a water pan over the coals until 135-140 then sear all 4 sides for about 2 minutes each. I don't want an over cooked roast. Or as you suggested cut them into chops, but the stuffing needs to be pre-cooked as the chops only take about 5 minutes a side.

I think your gathering that a pork loin needs minimal cooking. Even the FDA has lowered the safe cooking level to 145. Here in NC I get good pork all the time, have a young farmer who likes to play with the heritage hogs. My land you should see the size of some of his boars. The best piglet I got from him was a cross of Duroc/'Red Wattle. Better than some of his Berkshire crosses.

Good luck and enjoy that Duroc pork.

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    started a topic Compart Duroc ribs came today...

Compart Duroc ribs came today...

Partially thawed. It’s not their fault. Box arrived around 1PM, I was slammed at work and simply couldn’t get home until almost 9. Three racks are completely thawed, the other five are close enough to frozen that I put them in the freezer. The pork loins, tenderloin, and bacon are all completely thawed.

I’m kind of ticked because I ordered the loins and tenderloin by accident. I thought I was ordering ham and bacon,I clicked the wrong box. I don’t cook pork loins, I’ll have to learn that one. Maybe I’ll turn them into chops and stuff them?

Anyhow, I was planning on pastrami this weekend, but it looks like it’s ribs. Which ain’t bad, y’know? I mean, who’s crying over having to eat Compart Duroc ribs, not this guy.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis