Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pbc...pbc...pbc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pbc...pbc...pbc

I know the title is very misleading but I did get HawkerXP and a few others attention.

PBC In this instance = Pork Belly Cuts.

I'm still very much a learner in the smoking department and have learnt a great deal about different cuts of the various proteins and from which sections of the animal they come. This brings me to my conclusion that of all the meat cuts the Pork Belly must be one of the most protean proteins.

I buy mine whole and butcher them myself. This allows me to cut the belly into different pieces dependant on what it is I plan on cooking.
    Here are some of the Pork Belly Cuts that I think make the belly the most versatile of all the different animal parts / cuts you get.
    In no particular preference order.
    1. Bacon
    2. Ribs
    3. Roast
    4. Burnt Ends
    5. Porchetta
    There may be others but thems the ones I've used the belly for.

This is why I love Pork Belly.

U have it all covered in my book !!!!

Comment

Now you just need a PBC to cook all your PBC in...

Comment

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        I got half way making a homebuilt one and tossed it when I realised I should've used a food safe barrel and not one that contained engine oil before. 🙈

holehogg Oil has a tendency to linger for years. On the Marshall Islands (Majuro) we lived (mid '90's) where an amphibious fuel depot was located during WWII. On a nice calm evening you could see a nice oil slick going from shore out into the lagoon. Well water was tested, and even though it was "safe" to drink, it still had that octane flavor. After downing a quart of that stuff I could swim much faster. Had to go see the doctor for an emissions check. I was later banned from swimming because of the noxtious fumes coming out of my exhaust. From then on we just drank filtered rain water.

Comment

• bardsleyque
        bardsleyque commented
        Editing a comment
        and pure grain alcohol...

PBC! and pbc. love the all!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here