Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulling a Pork Butt a Stand Mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    I'm with you - I like pullin' by hand.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    That's what I do now. I actually use my cut resistant gloves with nitrile gloves over them. Looking forward to trying the new way.

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Nitrile gloves with liners does wonders.

• Attjack
    replied
    The other benefit is not burning your hands. I'm going to have to give it a try next time.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    Good idea but there's just something about getting my hands all up into that delicious meat, grabbing bark and popping pieces into my mouth and coming away with steaming glasses that does something therapeutic for my soul. Besides I don't own a stand mixer...so there's that

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    started a topic Pulling a Pork Butt a Stand Mixer

Pulling a Pork Butt a Stand Mixer

This technique has been discussed here before and I thought some folks might want to see it in action. Below is a video from tonight. It shows me pulling an ~8 lb smoked butt using my KitchenAid stand mixer with the dough hook. I broke The butt into several chunks by hand so it would fit in the mixer bowl. The video is real time, no editing. The whole thing took about 40 seconds.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here