Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordered some of those Compart Duroc ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered some of those Compart Duroc ribs

Shouldn’ta done it, they are expensive. But it’s done, and there’s no going back. That ship has sailed, that milk is spilt, etc.

I ordered directly from the source. They had the choice between competition and "personal consumption". I ordered the personal consumption ones, figuring the difference was probably cosmetic; the pigs are the same, and their name is on the line, and I’m planning on eating them. I saved $20 and these will probably taste better.

I’ve had the kurobuta ribs from SRF; mostly shiners, the taste was fine but it’s hard to tell when there’s no meat. And I was considering the Iberico, but then I bought some Iberico chorizo and was put off by the gaminess.

Not much I can say. I have a hankering for ribs. They’re easy and they always come out great. We’ll see.

I have the same thing coming tomorrow. Also ordered some from Creekside.....

Comment

Mosca I assume you got the St. Louis. Would you let us know how much each rack weighed. Thanks!

Comment

• jerrybell
        jerrybell commented
        Editing a comment
        The "technical specs" on their website state the St. Louis racks are 2.7 to 3 lbs each.

• mountainsmoker
        mountainsmoker commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks jerrybell I found that a little while ago. Hadn't had a chance to delete my question. Although it would be nice to know if what he gets is what they advertise for $25 a slab/$8 a pound.

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        I got both the St Louis and the baby backs, 4 slabs of each. I love St Louis... I love baby backs. I do St. Louis 90% of the time, but when I get babys I love them, too. Since it’s Happy Father’s Day to me, I got both. I’ll weigh all of them and post up.

As for the Iberico Ribs: I’ve cooked many, really don’t get the ‘game’ flavor, I suggest you try them at least once, they’re so tasty! Not sure which herbs/flavors go into their chorizos, may not be the meat.

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        Idk either. Palacios brand.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here