Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tacos de Carne Asada recipe needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tacos de Carne Asada recipe needed

Anyone have a killer recipe for carne asada? I can't find one that out-matches our favorite Mexican restaurant in town but I know one of you has the secret!!

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...e-asada-recipe

Comment

Let’s say it all together: Summer taco party. Your friends are over, the beer is flowing and everyone’s hungry. And, like it or not, they’re expecting something good. They’re probably expecting steak tacos. So … what kind of steak tacos are you going to make? You have several options — skirt steak, or flank steak or minute … Continue reading The Perfect Steak Taco →

Rick Bayless always has a good answer.

note: Carne Asada varies throughout Latin America and even within Mexico. It just means Grilled Meat (generally beef, but can be pork, and likely goat in some places). Can be very simply grilled and then adorned with any number of salsas or marinated in a wide variety of spices and chiles, then dressed with salsa before serving.

the TLR is that there is no wrong way and no single authentic recipe.
      Last edited by Potkettleblack; June 12, 2020, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea what PKB said, there's dozens of versions of Carne Asada out there. I think HouseHomey had a pretty good one recently. Homes, calling all Homes !!!

• Ricardo
        Ricardo commented
        Editing a comment
        Not wanting to complicate things, but "carne" can be Beef in some parts, or Pork in other areas. I don’t have a problem with that, because I happen to like both.🤣

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        I fixed it, Ricardo. You're right. I think, like barbacoa, it can be whatever meat is most prevalent in an area, so I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't some chivo being served as carne asada somewhere.

You have good advice above - I made carne asada this weekend and just looked at a few different recipes, the one by Rick Bayless PKB mentions and then added a few spices that I like that were mentioned in a few other recipes. I used skirt steak, flank and flap meat would also be good. Then the type of salsa you would like, although I went simple and let the flavor of the marinade and meat stand out and just used sliced pasilla peppers and the charred onions.

Have fun with this - i love making tacos and pairing salsas or board sauces with the meat! Makes me think of what’s next for this weekend and the Picanha I have waiting in the fridge

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here