Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vacuum tumbling a pig!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum tumbling a pig!!

We got a couple of 80 pound hogs from a local guy for cheap. We decided to vacuum tumble one in a garlic butter marinade. Here is the 70 pound pig in the tumbler .. cooking it tomorrow.. Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20200530_110404.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	854276Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200530_110606.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	854277Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200530_110611.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	854278

Woosh, of course, use the tumbler.

that’s gonna be good!!

Comment

Never seen one before. How does it work?

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        A vacuum tumbler works by putting a vacuum on the meat to open the pores of the meat up and has paddles on the inside that massage the meat.. I mainly use it for curing hams and Bacons. I can cure 500 lbs of hams and Bacons in 3 hours!!

• JCGrill
        JCGrill commented
        Editing a comment
        Seen it done with several racks of ribs at once.

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        Most of the pre marinades boneless skinless chicken and pork tenderloin you see at the supermarket is done in one of these. I worked at a place that had a much smaller one (40 pounds). They work amazingly quick, as I recall, a batch would take 20 or 30 minutes.

Ok, I know the pig is dead otherwise I wouldn't go into that contraption but for a full hog like that does it not cause bones to break and/or splinter.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        No it doesn't break anything. It rotates pretty slow

That buddy is way cool.

Comment

Seen the small ones for like jerky and such, have always been sceptical.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
          Backroadmeats commented
          Editing a comment
          They are a game changer when trying to process large quantities of pigs.

Wow! Gonna tell the wife I need to buy a vacuum tumbler.

Comment

Wow Backroadmeats ... that is so cool! Please post the finished product.

Comment

Here is what it looked like after tumbling. Smells fantastic. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200530_142717.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	854487

Comment

Can I mass polish 45 brass in it?

Comment

How do you clean that out afterwards? Is it easy?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                If he tells us he cleans it with a vacuum........

• Backroadmeats
                Backroadmeats commented
                Editing a comment
                There is a drain hole on the bottom. It is actually pretty easy to clean I just rinse out then put about ten gallons of hot water with some soap and bleach and let it tumble then just add clean water and let it tumble again!! Almost self cleaning😃😃

Backroadmeats , is this just for personal use or is it for sale? I would certainly like to order some. PM me if you're putting some up for sale!

The OmegaDog

Comment

This is a whole new level of MCS (taking a slight liberty with the definition there i know)

Comment

If I was a pig that's how I'd like to be treated.

K.

Comment

• grantgallagher
                    grantgallagher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    seriously, if i was food id want to be really delicious food.

• Murdy
                    Murdy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, some have said I'm a pig, and I think I'll pass.

Three little Piggy's in the hog roaster!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200531_083853.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	854748

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here