Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curing Bacon (Using amazingribs.com method with Prague salt)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curing Bacon (Using amazingribs.com method with Prague salt)

Today is the day that I smoke my pork belly. The directions say to smoke at 225 degrees over indirect heat. I cook on a Green Mountain Pellet grill. There isn’t really anyway to place it over "indirect heat" unless the heat box suffices.

Can someone give me some guidance?Thanks!

Just throw it on the pit, you will be just fine. You are already cooking over indirect heat.

Make sure to share your results with us!

Comment

All cooking with live fire has two different zones.

Zone 1 - the flames/fire/heat source are right here and point directly at the food to be cooked.

Zone 2 - the heat source is not here, this zone is heated by radiant heat and circulating hot air

This is so that we can cook indirect like an oven, going slower, more consistently, and applying heat much more evenly to the meat.

As Spinaker says, your pellet grill is, by definition, all indirect heat.

Here’s a good write up on 2 zone cooking

Comment

Yeah...Pellet is all indirect all the time, unless you have one of those grills that offers searing.

Just cook it at maybe 200-215 if you get a lot of convection from your grill. I do on my Grilla.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your responses! I will definitely share once I get it finished. Going on the smoker now!

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              awesome ..... love me some bacon!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here