Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-heat BB’s in Souse Vide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shify
    commented on 's reply
    Less effort in MV? No way. Less time, absolutely. Reheating via SV is fool proof, microwave is not.

• MBMorgan
    replied
    SV will indeed work for reheating ribs. So will a microwave ... with much less effort.

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    replied
    Yes you can, and should, reheat with the sous vide if you have it. I have done this numerous times and the results are always good. I heat to steam well or serving temperatures: ~140 degrees.

Leave a comment:

• Dadof3Illinois
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve had good luck putting them in zip lock bags, leaving the bag open then vac sealing in another bag.

• N227GB
    commented on 's reply
    When I seal BBs in FoodSaver bags I place the pointy end towards the textured side of the bag. Never had a problem yet!

• Ricardo
    replied
    Reheat in Sous Vide at 140F.

Time will depend on thickness of your frozen items; however, they are already cooked, so to be safe you are better off doing some trial and error. I would let them be for 1 hr. That’s worked for me all of the time when reheating bbq items. I tend to plan when vacuum packing to keep from ending up with large blocks of frozen items, thus simplifying warmup and reheating.

Leave a comment:

• Jfrosty27
    commented on 's reply
    Thx. Will do.

• Jfrosty27
    commented on 's reply
    Holes in the bags. Yikes! Thx for the tip. I did not think of that.

• DiverDriver
    replied
    I was hoping to do that Sunday but don't have a SV so I steamed them. That has always worked best for me. Let me know how the SV works.

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    replied
    Sure. Reheat them back to the serving temp you want. I'd give them 60-90 mins. For reference, a frozen 1.5" steak is cooked to medium rare in 90. Obviously, your stuff is cooked.

One thing - being ribs, there's a small chance that the bones have put a small hole(s) in the bags. Look at things a few minutes in to make sure there are no leaks.

Leave a comment:

• Jfrosty27
    started a topic Re-heat BB’s in Souse Vide?

Re-heat BB’s in Souse Vide?

I gave some left over fully Smoked and sauced BB ribs in the freezer. In Foodsaver bags in half rack portions. New to Sous Vide and wondering if I can just toss these in the pool from frozen to re-heat and eat? If so, what temp and approx time in the pool? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis