Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-heat BB’s in Souse Vide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-heat BB’s in Souse Vide?

I gave some left over fully Smoked and sauced BB ribs in the freezer. In Foodsaver bags in half rack portions. New to Sous Vide and wondering if I can just toss these in the pool from frozen to re-heat and eat? If so, what temp and approx time in the pool? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Sure. Reheat them back to the serving temp you want. I'd give them 60-90 mins. For reference, a frozen 1.5" steak is cooked to medium rare in 90. Obviously, your stuff is cooked.

One thing - being ribs, there's a small chance that the bones have put a small hole(s) in the bags. Look at things a few minutes in to make sure there are no leaks.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Holes in the bags. Yikes! Thx for the tip. I did not think of that.

• N227GB
      N227GB commented
      Editing a comment
      When I seal BBs in FoodSaver bags I place the pointy end towards the textured side of the bag. Never had a problem yet!

• Dadof3Illinois
      Dadof3Illinois commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve had good luck putting them in zip lock bags, leaving the bag open then vac sealing in another bag.

I was hoping to do that Sunday but don't have a SV so I steamed them. That has always worked best for me. Let me know how the SV works.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx. Will do.

Reheat in Sous Vide at 140F.

Time will depend on thickness of your frozen items; however, they are already cooked, so to be safe you are better off doing some trial and error. I would let them be for 1 hr. That’s worked for me all of the time when reheating bbq items. I tend to plan when vacuum packing to keep from ending up with large blocks of frozen items, thus simplifying warmup and reheating.

Comment

Yes you can, and should, reheat with the sous vide if you have it. I have done this numerous times and the results are always good. I heat to steam well or serving temperatures: ~140 degrees.

Comment

SV will indeed work for reheating ribs. So will a microwave ... with much less effort.

Comment

• shify
          shify commented
          Editing a comment
          Less effort in MV? No way. Less time, absolutely. Reheating via SV is fool proof, microwave is not.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here