Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs for Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs for Memorial Day

Having some family (the grown kids) and friends over, total about 10 people. Cooking 3 racks of ribs plus all the normal sides (corn, pasta salad, coleslaw, beans). Got two nice racks of back ribs and one of SLC cut spares at the grocery store yesterday. Prepped ‘em yesterday afternoon .... peeled membrane and dry brine and into the garage fridge they went

Click image for larger version

Name:	C9DABBDB-FB2C-43BC-8252-C7FAE3CFFA93.jpeg
Views:	294
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	851767

There’s 4 lbs or so of pastrami in the fridge, too. Plan on smoking that on Tuesday, probably

Name:	87C20228-35BA-4A98-8CD9-AAEBB7F8C3C5.jpeg
Views:	332
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	851766

Made a batch of Mike Mills Apple City BBQ Sauce, too

Name:	4410155B-74A3-4A1A-9A3F-5875BC9B5F89.jpeg
Views:	402
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	851765

Got the WSM set up about 9:30 this morning with KBB and some red oak. Once it was up to about 250, I prepped the spareribs with MMD and got them going at about 10:30. An hour later, about 11:30, got the back ribs out, prepped them with MMD, and onto the WSM they go. Those two racks are on the top grate, moved the spares to the bottom grate.

Name:	26EA3407-F88E-4C51-8F88-E3734D03D77E.jpeg
Views:	325
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	851770

Name:	C941ADD1-8E76-4743-AAA1-6FB757A046FA.jpeg
Views:	291
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	851768

Name:	73CEEDB1-8FCD-412F-804F-DB3F78EC4886.jpeg
Views:	295
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	851769

Nicely stocked fridge, friends and ribs! Doesn't get much better then that, enjoy the great day

Comment

Looks delicious! Be there soon. I'll make 11!

Sweaty

Comment

Nice looking ribs, and that's a solid beer selection. Sometimes I just want a light, thirst-quenching beer on a hot day, and Coors Light checks that box better than most. And all varieties of Shiner are good.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Love me some Shiner Bock, there’s a local Lager next to it that’s pretty decent, too. Sometimes I want a beer with a cigar and that’s where the Boddington’s comes in.

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          I really want ecowper to adopt me.
          Every time I see his fridge it make me re-evaluate my life.
          Coors Light, They brewed/bottled it at MolsonCoors Toronto brewery, I used to ask where you getting the Rocky Mountain water from. If its iced cold does the trick.
          Shiner Beers, every day and twice on Sunday.
          Again something that hasn't made it north of the border yet much to my chagrin.

Have fun sir,

Comment

This was at about the 3 hour mark on the SLC’s, 2 hours on the back ribs.

Name:	24C74AB2-816C-4A94-8CEE-2CE8A914A951.jpeg
Views:	302
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	851831

Comment

Almost there .... about to sauce one rack and leave the other two dry

Name:	924C0E84-1F15-4B85-AAE2-8194CDB1F798.jpeg
Views:	314
Size:	265.4 KB
ID:	851903

Comment

My helper (who is EAGERLY waiting for her own cooker) sauced one of the racks of ribs and checked the others to see how done they are. Sauce is Mike Mills Apple City BBQ Sauce from "Peace, Love, and BBQ"

Name:	5810F5E5-124D-4F4F-B8D6-F64FE0A4CC1E.jpeg
Views:	293
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	851941

Name:	EE8152D0-91CA-4AF8-A46B-F50D9A1FBE08.jpeg
Views:	305
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	851940

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks like things are rollin well, up yonder yer way, Brother!
                Ribs are almost at a Solid "GO", an how could one go wrong, havin such a fetchin Helper?

• ecowper
                ecowper commented
                Editing a comment
                Karyn is having fun and figuring out the food management part of cooking :-) and yes, super fun for me. RIbs are super close now. Pics of the rest later.

Wibs to die fer!

Comment

Damn, right at the end things went so fast that I never got pictures of the finished products .... but the ribs were great, the sides were great, family and friends were great

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When it's all been said, an done, that's really all that matters, an what it's all bout, Brother!
                  Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 26, 2020, 04:22 PM.

Things start to move fast when you are trying to get things coordinated between the finished cook time and serving. Mine finished too early, and I had to hold them in the oven. Did anyone not cook ribs yesterday?

Comment

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Haha. I did a low country boil with 7# shrimp, 3# sausage, 5# new potatoes, 12 ears corn, and 3 onions quartered, all in one 7 gallon pot on a 105K BTU jet burner!

• Steve R.
                  Steve R. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Had leftover ribs from the day before. I actually pressure washed my grills yesterday, and gave them a break after weeks of heavy use.

• klflowers
                  klflowers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I did not. We actually had pizza yesterday cause we were away for the cookers all weekend. Gonna make up for it this coming weekend though.

Glad to see that WSM put to good use. That fidg looks a lot like mine on any given weekend. Mama actually mentioned see wouldn't be opposed to yet a third one. I may take her up on that one !!!

Comment

My brother from another mother, did pretty much the same thing yesterday.

Comment

• ecowper
                    ecowper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I do feel like we are mind melded, more often than not

• CaptainMike
                    CaptainMike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    hahahahaha!!!

Inspiring post. Maybe this weekend or early next week.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here