Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to reheat Wibs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to reheat Wibs?

Made Baby Back Wibs last night and wife voted for reheated wibs tonight! (She’s a keeper!)
    Whats best reheat method that keeps em moist? I was thinking something like a crutch......wrap in foil with a little liquid and in the oven at 200 for 20-30 minutes?

Microwave

seriously I think people go to a lot of trouble and often overthink reheating leftovers...

Comment

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      Nate I thought so!

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      My first thought as well. Just be glad you have some leftover ribs! 😀

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Microwave with a wet paper towel on top to add moisture!

why were there wibs weftovuh?

I put 'em in a foil pan, small amount of water in said pan and cover.....heat on lowish heat until im happy with their warmth.

Comment

I’m with Nate. Put them in the microwave, uncovered, alongside a wet paper towel. Start with 30 seconds for one rib, about a minute for three ribs. Adjust from there, based on your oven and the size of the serving.

edit: reheating leftovers is what a microwave does best.
      Last edited by Mosca; May 21, 2020, 08:30 AM.

Comment

A few years ago I was in Houston. I had some leftovers that I was reheating in the microwave in the little convenience "store" adjacent to the hotel front desk. A fellow walking by said to me "You're not putting BBQ in the microwave, are you?" I thought I might get deported from Texas.

At home, I do what the big-name joints advise that charge $$$ to ship you BBQ packed in dry ice. Slowly reheat a vacuum-packed bag in a pot of simmering water.

Comment

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          N227GB Ah, sveedish method gets a vote

sous vide

Comment

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          somehow I knew that one was comin’
          I’m Irish, not Sveed....lol!

• Ricardo
          Ricardo commented
          Editing a comment
          Specially if they are vacuum packed and frozen. Set water temp to 140F, drop bag in, they come back like nothing ever happened, sometimes they even taste better than 1st servings.

• BourBonQ
          BourBonQ commented
          Editing a comment
          +1.

Put em in a zip lock and drop in a pot of hot water on the stove top for a few minutes.

I wrap in foil, no liquid, at put in a 300 deg oven till warmed. Then add a thin layer of sauce and put under broiler for 30-60 seconds to re-bark it. Sometimes I do a second glaze, sometimes not

Comment

may need to do blind test, uwave vs crutch
          will report back

Comment

In favor of the microwave: your ribs are ready in a minute or two, with no extra clean up.

All methods mentioned work well. Microwaving is also efficient.

Comment

• smokenoob
              smokenoob commented
              Editing a comment
              Mosca good point there.........but if I cook, she cleans!

Microwave.

Comment

I reheat them to a perfect 98.6F by standing in front of the refrigerator and eating them straight off the shelf. Same with pizza. Saves time and washing dishes.

Comment

• smokenoob
                smokenoob commented
                Editing a comment
                yes, but you do have to clean the refrigerator door handles though!

• ComfortablyNumb
                ComfortablyNumb commented
                Editing a comment
                smokenoob Nope, I wipe my hands off on my pant legs. Doesn't everybody?

I think eating leftovers is a "learned" thing, my mom loved leftover chicken cold so I have been eating leftover chicken cold all my life. Today I thought what the heck, let’s try the microwave........I was pretty darn good!

My dad always ate a piece of swiss cheese while he made a sandwich with swiss cheese, seems I do that to. And I will continue to!

mom never made ribs......so here I am, lost in the pit......

Comment

• Steve R.
                Steve R. commented
                Editing a comment
                Cold fried chicken is very underrated! Same goes for squirrel or any of those things that "taste like chicken"...

I reheat mine in the oven at 375F for 10-12 minutes.

Comment

If I don't eat them cold which is most of the time, I'll nuke. I had a bad experience using the oven once and was all my own doing.
                The MW is easy and convenient.

Comment

First off let’s get sumthin straight here, ya weheat Wibs. Got that? I don’t have the patience or time fer all that wrappin & ovenin stuff. I nuke em or chomp em cold, yessir.
                  Commendations are in store. Ya got the WIBs part right, yessir.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                    ComfortablyNumb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You, however dear sir, got wight wong....;-)

• FireMan
                    FireMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ComfortablyNumb & stwait. It was done on pouhposs.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here