Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's reheat some pulled pork!! Experiment time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's reheat some pulled pork!! Experiment time!

I have read of many ways to reheat pulled pork, most are nuking or boiling in a bag. I have 3 pounds of refrigerated pork with no sauce and I want to test these methods for myself as I generally don't care for reheated.

What do you want to see tested? Got a method different from above?

_John_ put it on foil and spray just a little apple juice or cider on it then seal the foil and set oven temp 250-275. That works great for me.

Comment

When I have reheated a large amount of pulled pork, I use freezer bags and place in water temped at 165. Heats for an hour.
      Turns out great

Comment

• _John_
        _John_ commented
        Editing a comment
        Is this from refrigerated or frozen?

• FLBuckeye
        FLBuckeye commented
        Editing a comment
        Refrigerated as I did the cook the day before. I didn't want an ornery butt or two taking its time getting to 200+.

I've added some sauce and a little cider vinegar and heated it slowly in a pan, much to my pleasure.

Comment

My experience is the pulled pork is extremely forgiving. You could put it under your arm and it will reheat just fine. (I jest, I jest!) But microwave, hot water, oven, whatever; stir it around in a skillet; it always comes back pretty good.

Comment

• richinlbrg
          richinlbrg commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed

Except for the armpit stuff. LOL

Maybe with a shower first and no deodorant? I've read someone mention mixing butter and apple-juice to reheat PP - I apologise to OP but my memory fails me.....

Comment

I would suspect boil-in-a-bag or oven with butter/water would be best, but purely speculation. I use the very fancy high tech method I like to call- "microwave it for 45 seconds." It does the job.

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee I used to nuke it but it tends to be dry so now I spray it with a little apple juice/cider whichever I have on hand then wrap it in foil and put in oven.

• chudzikb
            chudzikb commented
            Editing a comment
            I nuke with some of the saved juices from the foil wrap. Works like a charm and there are never any complaints.

_John_ how did the test go?

Comment

DWCowles still a couple methods to try tomorrow, but boiling a vac bag is the winner so far.

Comment

When I freeze pulled pork I flatten out the meat in the bag and freeze it laying flat. If I reheat in the microwave it seems to take much less time as it's fairly uniform in thickness. Also, I can break off a chunk of the frozen meat and reseal the bag, though I usually eat it all :-)

Comment

We had to reheat a few lbs. the other day. Nuke covered in a glass bowl with a touch of water. Turned out fine.

Comment

Boil in bag is how restaurants do it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here