Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thick cut pork chops - simple and delicious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thick cut pork chops - simple and delicious

I bought a couple rack o'pork roasts and chopped them in half to make four thick, two bone pork chops. I was expecting company so I also had a couple of pork tenderloins going as well. After a twelve hour wet brine and 8 hours in MMD, they were smoked at 250 on the Weber One Touch with cherry wood to 130 IT then seared over the coals till charred. Final IT around 140, perfect medium rare + which is where I like my pork chops and pork loins. Finished with MH's KC Classic Sauce, the one guest that actually did show loved it, best pork loins he has ever had!

The tenderloins took about an hour, the chops took about two hours, you can see the subtle smoke ring in one of the pictures, two hours over cherry gave it great smokey flavour.

This cook was a reminder to myself that every now and then one should slow down, quit fussing with weird new things and cook the classic!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here