Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PP on the E-330: What an improvement over the Q :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PP on the E-330: What an improvement over the Q :-)

Hi, I have just finished my first PP on the Genesis, roughly following the recipe on the site.

I did it maybe 5 times on my old Q2200, and it was never easy: The temp was not easily taken down to 225°, so the meat was always in danger. On the other hand, the smoker box down in the basement had trouble getting warm.

I have used a stainless-steel-bowl with some water and a stainless-grate in the bowl to create a two-zone-setup, but it always suffered from the issues mentioned above.

Now, with the Genesis, it comes down to this:

1.) Put smoker box on the two flavouriser-bars on the left.
    2.) Start the left burner, turn it fully up until the smoke starts. Turn the right burner on minimum so the grate is at least a little warm.
    3.) Wait for smoke to build and mount the bbq-sensor of the maverick.
    4.) Turn off the right burner, turn the left burner to minimum, wait for the temperature to fall below.
    5.) When temp is below 250°, put pork on right grate
    6.) Watch the temp for 15 minutes.

I had to adjust after one hour, because 250° were reached again.

I hit my personal favourite core temp after 11.5 hours with about 5 pounds of PP. The family loved it, and I was much less busy than in the past :-)

No water-maintenance, no issues with the smoker-box. Good meat, and it would have been possible to mount thrice the amount of meat on the grate :-)

Regards,

Detlev

Awesome job, glad it works so much better than your old one!

Comment

Woohoo!

Comment

Thx for your encouragement :-)

One question: Out of habit, I placed the stainless bowl over the burner. I am not sure if this made sense at all. Does it also work well without a cover over the working burner? I used the left-most burner.

Regards,

Detlev

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here