Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest smoker load I have ever run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest smoker load I have ever run

With all the meat processing plants being closed I am getting a ton of calls for hog processing. This is pushing me and the staff to the limit. Here is a picture of my smoker with 440 lbs of hams,. Bacon's and ham hocks. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200515_104431.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	847355Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200515_141957.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	847356
    Attached Files

Oh, man! That’s a lot o’ pork! Looks like business Is good!

Comment

You got your new place built and set up just in the nick of time, Backroadmeats . Busy is good. That said, take care of yourself. It's not a time to get run down.

Best wishes,
      Kathryn

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks fzxdoc yup I definitely got lucky with when I opened. I am book out until the end of August right now.

Make hay while the sun shines, as my mother says.

Comment

That's another area where I want to focus on. And let's face it. Smoking was our first tool to conserve meat.

Comment

Looking good Backroadmeats ! Stay Safe and healthy!

Comment

That is one heck of a load of goodness. Stay safe.

Comment

Never saw this comin did ya?

Comment

• Backroadmeats
                Backroadmeats commented
                Editing a comment
                No I Didi not.. this is crazy!!

All that hard work in getting the facility ready is paying off and I’m glad to see it. You are providing a service that is badly needed right now.

Comment

Dang there's some pork-a-liciousness there.

Comment

Pork, pork and more pork...........and then throw in some pork!

Comment

The current situation sux, but I'm glad you are benefiting from it.

Comment

If your looking for pork to process look north of the border literally tons of animals on the hoof and no capacity for slaughter and dressing.
                      Glad your seeing this kind of success.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
                        Backroadmeats commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It is the same way down here.. there isn't the processing facilities to process these animals.. beef is gonna be next if something doesn't change

• smokin fool
                        smokin fool commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Its already hit the beef here, lots of finished animals with no place to go.
                        Farmers are willing to sit on beef cattle for the profit, hogs re-produce so fast there's already culling taking place on the over supply.

Better that than the alternative
                      Good on you and ur team

Comment

Glad all is doing well up there. the butchering is doing is doing as well as the smoking.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here