Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rec-Tec is roaring...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rec-Tec is roaring...

Got a couple of PBs and chuckies on the Rec-Tec Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0056.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	383.9 KB
ID:	84640

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
    Got a couple of PBs and chuckies on the Rec-Tec [ATTACH=CONFIG]n84640[/ATTACH]

Darrell... I am having a real hard time still, imagining you cooking on a pellet burner... just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by smarkley View Post

Darrell... I am having a real hard time still, imagining you cooking on a pellet burner... just sayin'

Those roasts look great By The Way!

Comment

I could eat some of that right now, helping a friend move...I need fewer friends.

Comment

Looks good, how did they turn out?

Comment

Originally posted by smarkley View Post

I bet he purposely leaves the pellet hopper under filled, then adds handfuls every 20-30 minutes.

Comment

lol that's funny.

Comment

Devise a taste graph somehow, show us the difference in flavor.

Comment

• DWCowles
                DWCowles commented
                Editing a comment
                Huskee to be honest I couldn't tell the difference in taste.

Ok here's the 2 chuckies, 2 pulled pork and 4 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0061.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	84806 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0062.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	84807 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0063.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	84808 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0064.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	84809 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0066.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	84810 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0067(1).jpg
Views:	121
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	84811 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0060.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	84812 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0065.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	84813 pulled chicken all done on the Rec-Tec and I'm very pleased with the results.

Comment

OH Yeah!!!! Very Nice!

Comment

Awesome, even though you "had" to add pellets every 1,200 to 1,800 seconds.

Comment

Looks awesome

Comment

WOW! Starting to second guess my decision to not call in sick and not come down to Kentucky... That looks like one heckuva feast in the making. BBQ sandwich heaven.

I've had food from a pellet cooker from a 'pro competitor' and it was lousy on the smoke. You must've done something right if you emulated the log flavor, nicely done sir.

Comment

• DWCowles
                      DWCowles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Huskee i think what helps the Rec-Tec in the smoke flavor is the extra smoke feature. When you're doing a low & slow from 250 or below you just press the extra smoke switch and it gives you extra smoke till you turn it off.

So you're saying that Rec tec, at least in the hands of a pro, is a good runner up to a stick burner? I am having a real hard time figuring out what to get next, but a Rec Tec is at the top of that list. Maybe I can get a discount on pellets from CandySueQ if I go pick up a trailer of them. Between a pallet of pellets and 300 pounds of charcoal every holiday I'm gonna need a shed.

Comment

• DWCowles
                      DWCowles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      _John_ I'm not even no where near of being a pro but in my opinion I would say the Rec-Tec is a good runners up to a stick burner.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here