Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother’s Day Bacon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tamidw
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the clarification.

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    The cure is for 3 lbs of pork belly in a 1 gallon ziplock.

• tamidw
    replied
    @ecowper Is the amount in your ingredients per gallon bag or for the whole slab divided into each bag? This sounds like a great recipe to try. And cutting the belly down to gallon bag size is smart! When I tried bacon before I tried the whole slab and it took too much space in fridge. Haha!

Leave a comment:

• Sweaty Paul
    commented on 's reply
    Looks delicious

• Bumby
    replied
    That bacon recipe is sooo good! Have a 12 pound belly thawing out now.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    the whisky gives it a subtle spicy flavor, kind of enhances the pepper. I think I could not add it and no one but me would notice. It's not super sweet. Mild maple syrup taste, just enough to contrast the pepper and smoke.

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    fzxdoc that may be the best French Toast I've ever made and it was my first try. I'm super impressed with doing it on my grill grates!

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    My tummy's rumbling. Looks great!

K.

• ecowper
    replied
    fzxdoc .... the French Toast

Click image for larger version

Name:	A32C23EB-BC96-4BC8-A324-0C43F2E0479F.jpeg
Views:	290
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	844130

Name:	C3B87569-82C6-4661-8ED0-DC383EF6E291.jpeg
Views:	284
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	844129

Name:	88BDACB5-8821-4E34-BBCF-618C670EAEBD.jpeg
Views:	299
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	844128

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry, it’s 4X 3lb slabs

• fzxdoc
    replied
    What a nice breakfast for Mother's Day--French Toast and Maple Whisky Bacon. You're a good husband.

P.S. How sweet is it and can you taste the whisky?

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Can I ask, you said 3 slabs, I see 4. The cure, is that the amount in each bag? I've never done bacon and am itching to try. Happy Mothers Day!

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds like a great gift.

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    It’s a 3 bucket fountain with a birdhouse on top

• Steve B
    replied
    Dang Eric. That’s gonna be some great eats.
    Way to keep the happy life. 😁
    Oh what kind of fountain did you get her?

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here