Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork cushion meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork cushion meat

With maybe a meat shortage that could last a while, or at least a short term meat panic, I know we all want to make the best use of what we have. My freezers are pretty well stocked, but last Friday when I went to both Costco and Smart & Final there were no pork butts to be had. So I snagged this 13 lb. pack of pork cushion meat. I was thinking of using half for pulled pork and then sausage with the other half. But before I commit to either option, anybody got any other ideas I should consider?

Note that the meat is 100% guaranteed, and I expect your answer to be the same!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0893.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.99 MB ID:	839168

Pork cushion is from the picnic ham are of the pig. You can definitely do pulled pork with similar to a pork butt. I have been tempted to get one of those before.

Comment

I have used it for pulled pork. Smaller portions plus more surface area for bark, which is nice for a family of 3.

Comment

Isn't a pork cushion something you lay your head on as you doze off into the realm of blissful BBQ dreams?

Comment

Grind some for egg rolls. That’s what I use. Obviously you can use it in a mix style for loafs, meatballs and the like but I never mix in pork in any of mine. Ugh.

Chunk some for a braise in a Guajillo sauce. This braises amazingly well. Onions, garlic and a little stock over fried potatoes with an egg on top. Damn! Rice and the like too.

Thin fry for sandwich

stir fry

Chili verde

taquitos, flautas, enchiladas, today as, tacos, tortas.

Crud, now I’m hungry.

Comment

I use my pork cushion to rest my can of beer on.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here