Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs with low fuel impromptu poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs with low fuel impromptu poll

I've been absolutely tearing through pellets with a huge smile on my face as I am a few weeks into being a pellet owner. So I am down to a small amount of pellets that will not get me through a full cook of baby back ribs. I need to use the smoke either at the start or at the end of the cook.

Would fellow club members go to their oven first and finish with the limited time on the smoker? or would they put the raw ribs on the smoker and finish elsewhere.

Let me know!

I would smoke first then transfer to the oven. It's my understanding that smoke is most effective early in the cook with diminishing returns as the cook continues.

Comment

I'd smoke em first, then oven. Cold meat absorbs th smoke better.

Comment

Door Number 2

Comment

Smoke 'em first, then finish in the oven. The ribs won't know the difference if you don't tell them. If your oven will run in convection mode, even better. I have done that with butts a couple of times after the stall.
          Last edited by Steve R.; April 17, 2020, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Looks like Smoker ot the Oven is the winner! Thanks for the support, cant believe i didnt remember the cold meat attracts smoke tip!

Thanks pitmasterclub!

Comment

Don't let FireMan catch you not calling them wibs. Enjoy the 2-part cook!

Comment

What they said...Good luck!

Comment

They have directed you properly my son. There is one exception that his Highness Huskee ( has a good ring to it) alluded to, that being the pronouncing of said fare that you are cooking. ‘‘Tis waw WIBS! Alas (Dewesy55 uses that word) , I hope you don’t forget it, Wibs my man, Wibs.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sometimes, an I hates to admit it, I also use alas, as well as alack.

Sorry Mr. Bones , you may use it, but Dewesq55 has attached his name to it fer the rest of our Pit lifetimes. But, take solace my good man, allack is yers! 😷

Comment

Yep, smoke them first! Smoke is attracted to cool, wet surfaces.

Even though you have already cooked these up, if you curious there is more on smoke here.....

Learn all about wood smoke and how it adds flavor to BBQ. Find out whether you should be using wood chunks, chips, pellets, logs, or sawdust in your cooker. Discover the truth behind the claim that different woods have different flavors.

Comment

• smokenoob
                      smokenoob commented
                      Editing a comment
                      so, looks like we have consensus at amazingwibs.com

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here