Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled Pork Carnitas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled Pork Carnitas

I wanted to try something a little different this last weekend without angering my satisfied customers (family) and this video from HowToBBQRight showed up in my email (subscribed to his YouTube, love this guy) a few days before. I had a 10 pound butt and only a crowd of 10 adults and some kids so I went ahead and split the butt in two and did my traditional pulled pork on one end (the money muscle side) and carnitas on the other. I think I have some pictures around somewhere, but since I followed the recipe exactly they looked just like his:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	10458452_1062746627087354_5830951365979814131_n.jpg?oh=e1229a3bd7ce7e2f00855370c96ef81c&oe=55CA1A2B.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	82441

I followed things to the letter and they turned out great, the adobo sauce smelled so awesome i tasted a pretty good sized bite, don't do that! Everyone liked them but they did not get finished, several people told me the other half was the best they've tasted and I agree, it was definitely my best butt to date.

Not enough people seem to want 'taco's' when they can have BBQ so I want to try to incorporate those flavors into a marinade or something that I can freeze along with leftovers because it would be perfect for that. The sauce was really good too, a little spice, a little sour, a little lime, but mostly just creamy goodness.

Looks unreal John!!! I love love love carnitas. And the Adobo sauce sounds awesome.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here