Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duroc Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duroc Ribs

Just ordered some Duroc pork ribs from Creekstone farms. Got them yesterday. Dry brined overnight then rubbed with MMD and "Eat" BBQ rub. Then on YS-640 at 250. Looking forward to my first Duroc pork cook.

I ordered spare ribs and was really impressed with the packing and how they prepped the ribs. I also ordered prime beef short ribs. Those are on the menu for tomorrow. More pics to come.

Rainy and windy (30 mph winds) here in Hays although the sun is starting to peek out. Glad I have the detached garage in which to cook and that Vader is always willing to help.
    Attached Files

Looks great! Would love to try Duroc myself. BTW - Is there ever a day w/o wind in Hayes?

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
      Sweaty Paul commented
      Editing a comment
      Yesterday was without wind. Was nice and Wednesday was 82, sunny, and a very gentle 3-5 mph wind.

I'm digging the Eagle Rare hanging out on the pic.

Comment

Nothing like having an asst cook dawg to help out.
      Except when they steal lumps of charcoal and soaking wood chips to chew on.

Comment

They were delicious, probably, best he best I’ve made which I suspect is a combination of learning the techniques from here, employing the techniques appropriately, and then having an excellent product with which to work. Thanks to all you contributors. I learn some every time I read here.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful!

Please tell me the dog at least got a rib bone for all that hard work guarding the cooker and the tray.

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
          Sweaty Paul commented
          Editing a comment
          Vader is dedicated to Purina Pro Plan Sport only! He did get extra pats!

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          For dogs with really strong jaws, bones are not good for them. It is quite easy for them to splinter and then eat the splinters, which aside from the obvious dangers to their mouths, can wreak havoc on their digestive systems.

I'm a Berkshire man myself, but those look good!

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
          Sweaty Paul commented
          Editing a comment
          I’d like to try some Berkshire pork ribs myself. Looking for a good vendor.

Great lookin' cook.

Comment

Fantastic!

Comment

Looks great - but you kinda buried the lede with that Eagle Rare in the picture too

Comment

Great looking cook!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here