Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blasphemy Pulled Pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skip
    replied
    Great post mgaretz . Boneless rib meat makes great sandwiches, etc, etc.

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    That's good info. I have only seen the shoulder cut here but will double check if not at Costco. Thanks!

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    Nice trick. I have never tried it. I have used the big old buffalo chopper for bulk. It will turn pork into tuna if you let it take three rotations. Your method looks really good and could handle bulk without risk of losing a finger or losing good consistency.

• Dewesq55
    replied
    Huskee mgaretz - Dough hook works best, but, in a pinch, paddle attachment works, also
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PhotoGrid_1571749272093.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	815580

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    mgaretz - You can easily do an entire butt at once. Just break it into a couple of large chance and go to town. I would stay on a lie speed and gradually increase it. Tajes about 30-60 seconds to pull a butt.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Dewesq55 It very well could be you who taught me, I don't know so let's say it was you! mgaretz I wouldn't load it up, I'd try one or two chunks and go from there. Shreds will fly, it can get messy if there's too much.

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    I like to go to the Dutch oven with these about six hours in. I always put onions, peppers and garlic in the bottom of the oven. I add a bit of oil I’ve oil if I use no other sauce. Otherwise, I make a Mexican green or red sauce. About 1-2 hours later (depending on whether you wants chunks or shredded) you are golden.

• mgaretz
    commented on 's reply
    Why have I missed the dough hook trick? Going to have to try that. Can you load up the bowl or do you have to do smaller batches?

• mgaretz
    commented on 's reply
    These are from Costco and I do the same thing for my take on carnitas. In fact, this package was 6 pieces. 1 was used as an experiment to get a faster cook and it didn't work. 3 were used to make this batch and the other two were cubed and frozen for later use in carnitas or char siu.

• tbob4
    replied
    I often buy the Costco shoulder strips and they are great cooked this way. I really like the fact you can get a lot of flavor and bark. When I am cooking pork for Mexican dishes this is the way I go. As always, your advice is spot on.

Leave a comment:

• Mark V
    replied
    I thought this was going to be about pork shoulder cut in half to get more bark, not much different though really. Country ribs are always good.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee - I've been touting the dough hook for pulling for a couple of years now. Did you learn that from me? Or elsewhere?

• Dewesq55
    replied
    They look pretty good, but I can get a butt cut in half to cook in about 9 hours with wrapping. Extra surface are for bark (8 sides rather than 4) and less chance of drying out. So I'm not sure it's that much of an improvement, at least for me.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    Not sure this is exactly original. It’s nothing but pork steaks pulled after cooking, been doing this in Texas forever. I do agree the results are really good.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    I had actually picked up some thick country rib strips at the store yesterday, this is show I like to do them. On sale they were like $1.37 or 1.67/lb. The stand mixer's dough hook works wonders at shredding, takes only seconds.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here