Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Pork Steak & Chop Marinade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimate Pork Steak & Chop Marinade

I rarely start a new thread for a recipe of mine, but this one is so good, I had to share! Marinade chops or steaks 48 hours, or thick ones 72 hours. Grill direct heat hot and fast to medium rare/medium with plenty of char. SO GOOD! Chops and pork steaks are so underrated, what are your favorite preparations?
    INGREDIENTS
    • 1/4 cup olive oil
    • 1/4 cup sesame oil (not toasted)
    • 1/4 cup lime juice
    • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
    • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    • 1/4 cup soy sauce
    • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
    • 1/3 cup brown sugar
    • 2 teaspoons fine ground Simon & Garfunkel rub
    • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
    • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
    • 1 teaspoon black pepper
    • 1/2 teaspoon chipotle pepper flakes
    Attached Files

Sounds very tasty. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

texastweeter Wow. Looks fantastic. How long have you been tinkering with that recipe?

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        About a year. Started life as the sheep dip in the free site, then was adjusting it around, and found a steak and chop recipe on another site. Blended the two, added the S&G, and we'll, I add chipotle or ancho to just about everything so it got tossed in there. A few more substitutions, and viola. It came together a few days ago, and the cook was last night with some pork shoulder steaks. Man they were good. At one point I was omitting the salt, pepper, garlic, and chili flakes, and hitting with

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Spicy Montreal steak seasoning, but this came out much better.

Thanks! Looks like a great way for some different flavors on my pork!

Comment

That is an awesome share. Thank you!

Comment

Thank you. Just printed it out so I can give it a try this week.

Comment

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Please let me know what you think, as well as any changes you suggest. I found that a 48 hour soak is WAY better than just overnight. 72 is even better.

Looks really tasty. I love lime juice as the acid in marinades. I will definitely this!

Comment

Definitely on my list to do when it gets a bit warmer and can feed a crew outside.

Comment

Those sound awesome. I’ll have to try that.

My favorite pork chop marinade is much simpler. I make it with McCormick Perfect Pinch Caribbean Jerk Seasoning.

My Marinade is as follows:
              3 Parts Caribbean Jerk Seasoning
              3 Parts Vegetable Oil
              2 Parts Soy Sauce
              1 Part Red Wine Vinegar

Marinate over night and cook over medium heat until done to your liking.

Comment

Pork chops are a favourite part of everbodies "braai meat" these parts. That sure looks like a good tasty marinade.

Comment

I’m making the marinade right now.

Comment

• texastweeter
                    texastweeter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Let me know what you think.

texastweeter I'm wondering about the sesame oil and specifically the "not toasted". Did you try it with toasted and didn't like it, or is that just what you always use?

Comment

• texastweeter
                    texastweeter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Tried it with toasted as that is what sheep dip calls for, didn't like it in this recipe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7924E227-5FE9-4FEB-9BD6-568087DCB05A.jpeg
Views:	254
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	814701 What I think right now is that it smells so good I don’t want to wait the 24 hours. However, I am following a recipe so I have to do what I have to do. Darn you!

Comment

• tbob4
                    tbob4 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have thinner chops so I’m doing 24 instead of 48.

• texastweeter
                    texastweeter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Be sure to move the chops around in the bag occasionally to keep the marinade on all sides. Excited for you. So easy so cheap, but so good. Mixing up some marinade tomorrow.

• tbob4
                    tbob4 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hahahaha. I’ve been squishing them around ever since they got in the bag. We are supposed to get a rain dumper tomorrow so it may actually go the full 48 hours.

Click image for larger version  Name:	679CD777-0012-4366-943D-B3C600571AE4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.43 MB ID:	815144Click image for larger version  Name:	D294B296-196B-41F7-B4E0-1830E876AD09.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.77 MB ID:	815145

Comment

• tbob4
                    tbob4 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Recipe is delicious! Thank you!

• texastweeter
                    texastweeter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    looks great, glad you found it enjoyable.

Have some pork sirloins in this that should be ready for tonight.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here