Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop eating store bought bacon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rickgregory
    replied
    That reminds me, mine is done curing and I need to smoke it. As for taste... one of the things I like is that you can adjust the cure ingredients and can coat it, or not, in different things as you smoke it. Bacon is also probably the easiest thing to make and honestly you could even simply roast it in the oven to 150F or so if you didn't have a smoker handy

Leave a comment:

• marshall
    commented on 's reply
    Yea it is different than what we're used to in the store, the first bite i had i couldn't dicide if i liked it, but i soon realized while i was debating if it was better than store bought , i hadn't stopped shoveling it into my mouth. Mmmmm.

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    I know where half of my bacon goes- right next to where my belly stores the beer! HA

• holehogg
    commented on 's reply
    tbob4 I wish I had that problem. I make bacon weekly and never have enough for myself. I can only figure out where half of it goes the rest is anyone's guess, but I have my suspicions.

• tbob4
    replied
    That bacon looks delicious

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    When I bought an upgraded deli slicer I was able to makie the bacon really close in texture to store bought. The dilemma then became "We have much too much bacon and not enough room in the freezer" wives make just too much sense.

• holehogg
    replied
    My daughter who is a bacon fanatic wasn't so keen on the homemade bacon the first time I made it and she tried it.
    I thought it was good and tasted better than store bought but she disagreed.
    Well know she refuses to eat store bought. She has also converted a lot of her friends and their families (pressure on me).
    The hard part is getting over the difference in texture and taste of the all too familiar store bought product.

Can't agree more nothing beats homemade.

Leave a comment:

• marshall
    started a topic Stop eating store bought bacon!

Stop eating store bought bacon!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200222_153726.jpg
Views:	826
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	806808Click image for larger version

Name:	20200222_175242.jpg
Views:	722
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	806809Click image for larger version

Name:	20200223_090820.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	806811Click image for larger version

Name:	20200223_091616.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	806810 This stuff has ruined store bought bacon , my wife and i can't believe how delicious this is. I did 1 maple and 1 original, i like the maple the best,. Im slightly sick right now by how much i consumed but when i feel better i will go eat the rest, give this recipe a try if you haven't yet, thanks to Meathead and everyone in the pit for the amazing recipes and support ! Im gonna head back to the fryin pan and finish what i started

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here