Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon Burnt Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon Burnt Ends

Cured some pork bellies for bacon, and decided to knock a chunk off one of the slabs and make some snacks. Cubed up the pieces, seasoned them with BBQ Bob's Alpha Rub, and turned up the heat a little bit. Then coated them with BBQ Bob's Peaches and Brown Sugar Sauce, wrapped them up and let them get as tender as a mother's heart. They didn't last long when the kids found them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	81925763_2861875770509637_2700986524501016576_o.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	805562Click image for larger version

Name:	81902075_2861875927176288_5948057670874300416_o.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	805563Click image for larger version

Name:	82589309_2861876010509613_5618384261930287104_o.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	805564Click image for larger version

Name:	81845578_2861922340504980_6476536203893014528_o.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	805565

I can see why they didn't last.
    They look great.

Comment

Looks grand!

Comment

Pro tip: Throw some jalapeño or habañero in there so they are too spicy for the kids. (More for you)! Looks great. Love my bacon burnt ends!!!!

Comment

• Brisket Syndicate
          Brisket Syndicate commented
          Editing a comment
          Definitely sounds like something I need to try out!!

They look so good. Thanks for sharing (with us I mean, not necessarily your kids !)

Comment

I've never cured my pork belly burnt ends before. Maybe next slab...

Comment

That's inspiring!

Comment

I have some belly in the freezer. I need to get off my but and do something with it. This looks like a good use of it.

Comment

Really nice job.
                I had a pork belly to do bacon but couldn't find curing salt so did burnt ends, they did not dis-appoint.
                Probably do burnt ends again before I'd do bacon they were that good.

Comment

Honey Smokes! These look amazing!

Comment

Next time I cure up a batch of bacon I will have to try burnt ends with it. I have done pork belly burnt ends but never done it with the cured bacon.

Comment

That’s it. Now I’m hungry

Comment

Thanks Everyone!!

Comment

Great job Swampey, love the color on those belly slabs. Funny but I did a few myself recently. Love my pig candy !!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	pig candy 03.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	808835

Comment

Sooey! Here PIG!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here