Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Blasphemy Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Blasphemy Ribs

I used the blasphemy ribs recipe to create this double blasphemy. Steve Raichlen is a proponent of cooking at 325 contending that it gives more chew. So, that’s how I cooked the blasphemy ribs on my BGE MiniMax (I only cooked a half rack). I don’t believe they took on as much smoke as at 225, but they were done in one hour. They were tender and came clean from the bone. I didn’t sauce them but I’ll try that next time. I think it a great way to cook them if you want ribs in a hurry.
    Last edited by LA Pork Butt; February 17, 2020, 07:08 PM.

I prefer ribs 275-350. Better bark.

Comment

• Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree.

Great info. It is no surprise to me that it was light on the smoke, given that you cooked it at 325 F. That fire was burning really clean.

I love the "Double Blasphemy" call!

Comment

My last batch of Blasphemy ribs got cooked about 275F for about 2 hours. They were nicely smoky and bite-off-the-bone tender. I was very happy how they turned out. I'll have to try a little higher temp next time, and see what I think.
      Last edited by IowaGirl; February 17, 2020, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Love the title of this topic. If Blasphemy is good, I had to find out quick what Double Blasphemy would be. Nice post. Thanks, LA Pork Butt .

Kathryn

Comment

• IowaGirl
          IowaGirl commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought it was an intriguing title too!

Double the pleasure? Oh yeah!

Comment

What makes them double? I don’t see any pictures.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
            LA Pork Butt commented
            Editing a comment
            I understood your blasphemy to be separating the ribs. The added blasphemy was cooking at 325. Neither separating the ribs nor is cooking at 325 the acceptable approach to low and slow BBQ. Next cook I’ll try to post picts before and after eaten. I think the major difference between yours and these are the lighter smoke, more chew and faster cook.

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            Interestingly I wrote about your ribs today. I haven't done the "true" blasphemy rib yet for reasons unknown. I have however, gone to your post and done 1/2 blasphemy ribs when I knew time was of the essence. They turned out great. I started a rack, realized time was of the essence, pulled, cut and finished after saucing. Would you call those 1/2 blasphemy?

• mgaretz
            mgaretz commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s what I thought, but wasn’t sure.

LA Pork Butt if these are exponentially better you may have to drop this doublin' crap and use Logarithmic Notation.

Comment

maybe instead of Double Blasphemy we could call them Travesty Ribs.

Comment

Ok, mgaretz nailed it, but was oh so kind. "I didn’t see any pics"? NOooooooooooooooh! Cuz there is none pics. A veteran such as L A is not goin to skate by with juss bowin air at us about some fictitious double shmubble criminy WIBS. Didn’t happen! Nope, nuthin here.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                "I don't see any pics" didn't???

Here I am contemplating as I click on the title, looking forward to seeing what LA Pork Butt would be showing us, when much to my dismay...I See No Pics! I was practically heartbroken. I had to quickly look at my photo gallery of my rib cooks just to keep from going into shock!

Comment

A post with the title 'double blasphemy' and no photos? Dang, LA Pork Butt, we're on the edge of our seats here!

Comment

Okay! Okay! I’ll do the second half of the rack ribs with pics before the weekend is over! I knew I should have hastily taken some pics. Does not taking pics make this triple blasphemy ?

Comment

• IowaGirl
                    IowaGirl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Naw. No pics is a sin but not blasphemy. Time to confess and atone, brotha! We Want Pics!

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Your are a very good sport. Pics or not. 👍

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here