Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impromptu pulled pork flautas video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impromptu pulled pork flautas video

These are impromptu videos I made today. Forgive me as no forethought was given ahead of time as to what I was gonna say. Times, temps, size and ingredients are just whatever. You only need to heat through, make it crunchy and be sure they don’t open while in the oil.

So this is more of a technique that we use for leftovers. I was gonna roll a couple of Brisket and cheese for myself but then Sophia and I started talking about dinner. I was not gonna use my brisket for the common folk so I used leftover pulled pork instead.

Ava had her 9th birthday party yesterday and we had pulled pork leftover.

There are a million combinations and flavors. It’s endless. Thanksgiving flautas are amazing. I have been doing those for over a decade and been rolling these my whole life.

Please Don’t judge our old house. Lucky for us we had a gazillion adults and kids over yesterday.

next time I will think the videos through to make them
    more clear.

oh, I actually don’t remember who I was talking to about making these.

Edit 7/16/2020: adding the "Flip" as I noticed it was missing.

[video=youtube_share;R-Fc9hcjESs]https://youtu.be/R-Fc9hcjESs[/VIDEO

Click image for larger version  Name:	7B18F4AD-887F-4BC6-9643-9885D50B2DD6.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	2.64 MB ID:	801422
    Last edited by HouseHomey; July 16, 2020, 09:15 AM.

Come on...…! Drooling here!

Comment

Those look amazing! Well done, sir! And good one hand skills, too! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I'm now famished and have an idea for my frozen left overs that I haven't tried. Just confirming that those are flour tortillas in addition to the whole-wheat ones.

Thanks for sharing that was brilliantly well done especially with only one good wing. Love the technique of using the vacuum sealer to really compress the burritos.

By the way Get well soon!

Sweaty Paul!

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes sir. I made two Wheat for me. They were in the second batch. The others are Guerrero.

(Santa Fe tortilla company from sams club. 100 calories and 5 net grams of carbs as they have much fiber. An excellent product for a wheat/flax tortilla)

great job dude, you have me drooling also.

Comment

Dang you! I'm hungry and I love fried food, and I love Mexican food, and I love pulled pork... and those videos are very nice!

Comment

You. Are. Killin'. It!

Comment

I’m thinkin’ somebody’s got some serious impromptu culinary game. Nicely done mi amigo!

Comment

Stepping up to videos! I like it! So many things can come from a video platform. Good stuff my friend!

Comment

Why are you apologizing? Looks damn good to me!

Comment

That was such a great post. Thanks for taking us step-by-step in making excellent flautas. You've got a new calling--more videos please.

That compression step with the vacuum sealer is brilliant. Do you put them in the fridge for a while or do you just take them right away to the frying pan?

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. Shoulder recovery takes such a long time, and you generally end up sleeping sitting up. I know it must be really painful still. Best wishes to you and thanks again for the really informative videos.

Kathryn

Comment

I hope your recovery is both speedy and full! As my lovely and long suffering wife constantly points out, my inner child is much closer to the surface than is the case for most normal folks. As such, I can't read this thread without thinking that we've got a recipe for pulled farts. :-)

Comment

• HouseHomey
                        HouseHomey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        LMAO!! OMG man I’m dying.

I've lived through having both rotator cuffs repaired and a separated upper bicep tendon repaired so I feel your pain brother. That experiment with the flautas was amazing. Before watching the videos, I never even knew what a flautas was. Now, I definitely have to try making some myself. I'm thinking of substituting some sous vide bobwhite quail meat for the pulled pork. Thanks again for the tutorial. I'll be doing mine in a Fry Daddy using peanut oil. You mentioned that after the vacuum seal they were taken out of the refrigerator; how long were they held there?

Comment

• dubob
                        dubob commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Did & done. O M G! I'm a believer. Thank you again HouseHomey.

• HouseHomey
                        HouseHomey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Did you make them???

• dubob
                        dubob commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I did. I forgot to add the rub and the vacuum seal, but they were great non-the-less. We dipped them in our Utah famous fry sauce tainted with some Cholula hot sauce. Sorry, no pictures. In too much of a hurry to make and eat. We made them with quail breast meat, mild Cheddar cheese, and sweet yellow onions. I don't even know where to get lard; I used peanut oil - my go to for all deep frying.

Wow! Thanks for these, makes me want to do a some pulled pork just for this!

Comment

Flautas rule !!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here