Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asian style pork tenderloin with grilled pineapple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asian style pork tenderloin with grilled pineapple

Howdy folks,

I decided to try and combine a lot of fruit and citrus freshness with pork. From my experience pork always goes really well with citrus flavors. The simplest marinade ever for pork is just to mix oil and lemon juice.

So for this one I made a mango salsa, grilled pineapple and pork tenderloin that were marinated in Char Siu. Last October I received a few bags from my friend Marauderer when I visited him in Atlanta. Thanks Barry!

I thought it would all go well together, and it did. Plus it was an easy cook.

Mango salsa
    1 mango (ripe)
    2 fresh limes (only the juice)
    1 shallot
    10 cherry tomatoes
    1/2 pot of fresh cilantro

Chop, mix and add the lime juice, and leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours.

Freshness!

Click image for larger version

Name:	mangosalsa.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	80053

The pork tenderloins were marinated in the Char Siu (and water) for 24 hours in the fridge.

Prepare the pineapple by cutting it in large wedges, and brush them well with golden syrup. The syrup will caramellize on the surface.

Pineapple wedges in the making:

Name:	asian_pork_pineapple_wdges.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	80054

I then fired the ole grill up, had it running at 260° F, and put the pork tenderloin on the grate.

Let's get this fire started:

Name:	asian_pork_on_the_grate.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	80055

After less than an hour it had reached an internal temp of 122° F, so I took them off. I then stoked the fire so I got the grill temp up to 400° F, ready for some direct heat.

I then put the pork back on, together with the pineapple. I gave the pork a good reverse sear, and charred the pineapple. When the pork reached an internal temp of 150° F they were done (I didn't want them well done). I let them rest, then served it all on a platter.

Pork and pineapple getting seared:

Name:	asian_pork_done.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	80056

Overall this dish turned out really fresh, and if you want to try something that is still proper bbq, but a bit "lighter", I can really recommend this one.

Dinner is served:

Name:	asian_pork.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	80057

If you're missing a sauce (I did...), you can make The Simplest Sauce Everâ„¢:
    1 cup creme fraiche
    2-3 tbsp Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory & Brown sugar

This (cold) sauce goes well with most bbq dishes.

Beautiful! I love mango salsa.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Yes, it turned out really good. It is now included in my standard repertoire for side dishes.

Looks great, I make mango salsa for leftover pulled pork tacos, really great stuff. Just did my first pineapples this weekend, turned out really well.

I thought 122 was an awfully specific temp to pull the meat, Google tells me that is 50 celsius so it makes sense.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha ha, yes, right on! Google is my friend for all the conversions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here