Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did terrorists win this one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did terrorists win this one?

I rubbed rib tips then smoked for two hours. Then simmered to make broth to use for Boston baked beans. Good bone to meat to connective tissue ratio. Low simmer so meat edible in beans. Broth tastes good and can use fat instead of bacon grease. Did I beat the bad guys or am I fooling myself?

I say if it didn't go down the drain, you're good and we will let you stay a member, (lol)

Comment

You smoked these to start, so you really didn't just boil them. You used them in a very creative way and I bet that broth is great and the pork fat would be great to have too.

Comment

Works for me, anything better than trashing them is a bonus in my book.

Comment

If it does not go on grill then it gets saved for broth. Waste not want not. Same with veggie scraps, fat for rendering, bread for crumbs.

Comment

The terrorists did not win! When people boil ribs before smoking they throw the liquid/flavor away... You on the other hand used this to your advantage and used the water to CAPTURE the flavor! Well played friend. Myself... I'm cheap... there are cheaper cuts that will yield the same result. Awesome idea though... If you don't mind... I will use in in my playbook...

Comment

Go for it. I like the tips but you look like caveman when eating them. I cook all different things and enjoyed using multiple techniques for a dish.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here