Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riblets for Super Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riblets for Super Bowl

I have a batch of pork riblets in the freezer that I'm thinking about doing for the Super Bowl. Has anyone done them? Any suggestions? Would I smoke them similar to regular pork ribs at 225 or so? I Imagine that would work, but probably be quicker than larger ribs. Click image for larger version

Name:	FireShot Capture 004 -  - www.alisonspantry.com.png
Views:	348
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	797998

My thought is to do them hotter so they don't dry out. I'd want to balance getting enough time in smoke to flavor them with not drying them out.

Comment

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, maybe I should smoke low and then wrap them in some butcher paper for finish at a higher temp.

300 them dudes. We used riblets in jambalaya and cooked in the pot with a little oil to get the brownness.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang that sounds good.

treesmacker Here is a recipe I typically use: http://www.bbqrevolution.com/weber-k...-featherbones/

BTW Jerod Broussard is spot on with 300.
    Last edited by Craigar; January 31, 2020, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I've done exactly the same with riblets as well as country ribs only at 275*. I guess 300* would work as well. Bottom line, basically treat them like you would pork ribs. Smoke, wrap, glaze.

I have brined them when I was on a riblet kick a long while ago. They love acid too.
    Last edited by HouseHomey; January 31, 2020, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Sooo you're saying you like paying off the riblets while they are tripping. Interesting concept. I think. Who woulda thought. 🤔
      Last edited by Steve B; January 31, 2020, 12:26 PM.

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Oopps. Fixing now😇

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Why do I want to start singing a version of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" ??

OK they're in process. Dizzy Pigs Crossroads rub, smoked them at low 180 degrees for an hour, upped the temp to 300 for about 1.5 hours, and then into the foil - sprayed with "I can't believe it's not butter" rather than melted butter (wife is lactose intolerant). They are in fridge to be finished in the oven tomorrow closer to game time. Pretty much following the link Craigar sent (thanks)... http://www.bbqrevolution.com/weber-k...-featherbones/ So far, I'm very happy with the way they're doing. Game on! Go Niners!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200201_202712.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	798658Click image for larger version

Name:	20200201_203656.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	798659Click image for larger version

Name:	20200201_211049.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	798657Click image for larger version

Name:	20200201_211419.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	798660

Comment

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good!!

I'm looking forward to longer days coming!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200201_195728(1).jpeg
Views:	189
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	798662

Comment

well, our little town, Whitehouse, TX just went berserk. Probably has something to do with the fact Mahomes is from here. Jeez, gunshots being fired off all over the place. Having our guests hang out for a while to avoid the crazies on the road. Be safe everyone.

Comment

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        Wasn't his best effort early but he came thru in the 4th.
        Congrats KC and Whitehouse, TX.
        Sounds like the wild west is back down there, yes please be safe.

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        smokin fool I may or may not have contributed a few .45govt rounds to the foray.

Yep. Congrats to KC! They earned it. And congrats to 49ers for a great season as well; they entertained us well this year with many very close wins and losses. I'm going to post my riblet consolation dinner on "show us what you're cooking". And I made several breads to go with that'll be posted in the "bread" channel. The riblets were great - thanks to those who helped me with suggestions for them!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here