Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs and More Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs and More Ribs

Got Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0004.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	483.0 KB
ID:	79457 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0006.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	370.4 KB
ID:	79458 some BB ribs on the "Lil Monster' for my brother and his family from Missouri and my sister and her family. I hope that will be enough

Cool, you, not the ribs.

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Jerod Broussard the ribs are cool...no they're hot...oh heck whatever

Got to have some ABTs (Atomic Buffalo Turds) Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0009.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	456.7 KB
ID:	79466 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0010.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	405.6 KB
ID:	79467

Comment

Recipe for the ABT's please.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Marauderer I get the large Jalapeno's, cut them in half (long ways), clean the seeds and membrane out with a spoon and rinse, fill with your choice of cheese, then lay a liittle smokey on top of the cheese, wrap bacon around them (cut bacon in half) and use a toothpick to hold in place and sprinkle a little rub on them. Smoke them for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.....enjoy

• Stoney
        Stoney commented
        Editing a comment
        I use the chive and onion Philly cream cheese when I've done these. Turned out pretty good.

• CurlingDog
        CurlingDog commented
        Editing a comment
        for a filling, i typically use a small pc (to fit) of seasoned chicken breast and a sliver of white onion.
        I've seen numerous variations on this theme, and have an affinity for a bit of pulled pork with a bit of bbq (to keep it moist while the bacon cooks complete). Most cheeses will not last while the bacon cooks, so i avoid that ingrediant

I can smell them ribs all the way up here! Very nice.

Comment

Looks good, i'm hungry but my cook isn't until tomorow

Comment

DWCowles how long do you leave those ABTs in your smoker? Do you put them under the broiler to crisp up the bacon?

My family likes crispy bacon when it's wrapped around something--even when laid on top of a meatloaf. I was wondering if some of that pre-cooked bacon might work, but if your method gets it crispy enough, then that would be great!

Your rib cook looks awesome, BTW, and you're looking pretty spiffy yourself!

Kathryn

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          I wonder if one could slice some pastrami with the grain, thinly, and use it in place of bacon....

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, guys, for the info and tips. Huskee, you might have something going there with that thin pastrami idea.

Kathryn

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee don't you know that nothing can take the place of bacon?

Great looking ribs! I have got to do some ABTs. Thanks for the encouragement by pictures.

Comment

Nice seeing pictures of folks with their cookers, I wish we had more of that. Nice post DWCowles

Comment

The sister-in-law is waiting patiently while watching me taking the ribs off the smoker. Click image for larger version

Name:	11147853_10206597007628065_7152763126974760515_o.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	79930

Comment

These babies didn't last to long Click image for larger version

Name:	11146630_10206595806598040_7005169914230133939_o.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	79933

Comment

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                I want to taste those ABTs right now, DW! They sure look dee-licious.

Kathryn

More nice pics DWCowles. I wont get involved anymore with the bacon conversation!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here