Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SVQ Pork Loin vs Tenderloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SVQ Pork Loin vs Tenderloin

Meathead has a recipe for SVQ a pork loin (roast) calls for 140F for a long time. I am doing several pork tenderloins (very diff cut of meat and am inclined more to 136 for 1.5 hours. He suggests a smoke on the roast and I am looking at blasting a sear. I think the longer cook and smoke is better for the big piece of meat but I am treating these tenderloins a bit diff. Also not going to dry brine very long as they can get hammy. Thoughts? Also planning on about ½ lb per person which may be generous given the sides...

You are spot on.

Comment

Joule recommends 136° for 1 hour 30 minutes for pork tenderloin.

Kathryn
      Last edited by fzxdoc; January 19, 2020, 06:27 AM.

Comment

This method turned out VERY well indeed. I coated a few of them with a light bit of bbq sauce and let that tack up but most served plain seared.. pretty astounding. Nice pink centers but no one complained. Everyone now expects my meat to be very tender and juicy... these did not disappoint.

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Great job!!!

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Yippee. Good to hear it turned out well. It's not easy to nail pork because it likes to dry out. Sous vide saves the day in that department, especially for smallish cuts.

Kathryn

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          I did a couple of tenderloins a couple of weeks ago and I was pleasantly surprised too. The leftovers made some really good sandwiches too. It is going in my regular rotation now. Congrats on the win!!!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here