Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Loin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Loin

​ My wife got a deal on a 1.75 lb pork loin, it had been in the freezer a couple months and it was past time to figure out what to do with it. Expecting mild January weather I pulled it out to thaw. We had mid 40 s weather predicted for today so I dry brined and trussed it last night so it would be ready to add rub when I got home from work.

I got home later than I hoped (5:30) and did a quick grate cleaning and preheat with some apple wood and maybe some maple wood pieces on my new grill grates. I told my wife I had my Christmas gift covered and would order them for her to give me. I had used all my MMD rub so I used some rub I had bought from City BBQ. I dampened the pork loin with a wet paper towel and applied the rub.

On to the indirect side of the weber gas grill @ 325 to 360. (I had to get going and play with temps as it was cooking). It got to 130 degrees IT after about 45 minutes. ​​​​​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200114_175058698.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.57 MB ID:	791467
    Last edited by johnmcq4; January 20, 2020, 09:21 PM.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_106540.jpg Views:	7 Size:	2.24 MB ID:	791472 I decided to remove the string before searing causing some damage to the thin bark.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by johnmcq4; January 14, 2020, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Pretty sure that's a tenderloin, not loin. Looks good, though! That is my favorite cheap cut of meat, hands down.

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        At first glance, I thought it was two tenderloins trussed together, but maybe not.

• IowaGirl
        IowaGirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I wasn't sure either -- you could be right Steve R.

• johnmcq4
        johnmcq4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve R. IowaGirl It was just one hunk of pork. Now it is half a hunk.
        Last edited by johnmcq4; January 15, 2020, 06:41 PM.

We have a honey glaze recipe for loin that's good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here