Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can i do anything with the drippings (shoulder)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewesq55
    replied
    Karon Adams makes her sauce from every cook with the drippings. They are quite useful. Perhaps she will share her concept again in this tread. If not, I will try to find the link.

Leave a comment:

• DeusDingo
    started a topic can i do anything with the drippings (shoulder)?

can i do anything with the drippings (shoulder)?

So i have started to put a drip pan under my meat when i smoke it (cleaning my smoker is a pain). when i smoke small things or things that aren't on there very long i have not gotten a whole lot of drippings, but when i do pork shoulder i get considerably more drippings. the last time i did a butt it took my smoker 22 hours to get it to 200. with it being in there that long are the drippings even something i could use or would they just taste like burnt grease? if they are still good do i just shred the pork and add the drippings back into the meat and mix it all up to bring the flavor back into the meat?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here