Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Young Porkers loose in Long Beach, California?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young Porkers loose in Long Beach, California?

On the news today were two Vietnamese pigs, one male, one female, wandering loose in Long Beach, CA, about 30-40 lbs each. The animal rescue place is currently looking for a "forever home" for these little pigs.

I expect y'all know my first thought, right? I am such a bad person!

Hey - I live in Alabama, and a former coworker of mine had a neighbor out in the county who had a potbelly pig as a pet. That pig was ALWAYS getting loose in the neighborhood and tearing up peoples flower beds and yards. A couple of years ago, fed up with the situation, my coworker killed the pig in his own back yard, strung it up from a tree to butcher it, and he and his brother cooked and ate it. He told me the ribs and pulled pork were great!

A week or two later the bad neighbor who didn't keep control of his pig came by asking if they had seen it. My friend flat out told him what happened to that pig, and that if he let another one loose habitually into his yard, the same thing would happen again. Not sure what their "neighborly relationship" was after that, but I will be the idiot down the road learned to keep his animals penned or fenced up after that.

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      I also live in Alabama, as you know. Once I lived on a farm. When I was about 7 years old my dad gave me a calf to raise, sell and use the proceeds from sale to purchase two more calves, not make into pets. My dogs were my pets.........the cows and hogs and chickens were inventory for feeding, fattening up and selling or simply killing and eating. Big difference learned at an early age. I am totally with your neighbor........sorry but who the heck would want a darned hog for a pet anyway?

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      ComfortablyNumb, maybe you need a comma after the word dog... I was a little shocked reading "it is legal to kill the dog and the neighbor"

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      treesmacker Considering some of the neighbours I have, it should be!

If they find a way to get through the Weapons Station I will be warming up the grill and looking for them

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you see them wandering off seal beach Blvd? Maybe from the top of the hill they’ll jump.

Well, your thoughts certainly would be forever...

Comment

Maybe one of those pigs ends up with a prosthetic leg.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here