Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MH Bacon Recipe Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc Hazard
    replied
    If you read the recipe, it says to multiply the ingredients by the pounds of meat. Three pound: x3; five pounds: x5. It's right there. Do what it says and you'll be fine. Don't make it up and don't guess.

Leave a comment:

• AldenMiller
    replied
    I agree with W.A. multiply the recipe for 1x for each pound of meat that you are preparing.

-Alden

Leave a comment:

• W.A.
    replied
    3x for 3lbs. There is not much liquid in there and you need to push out most of the air to cover the meat.
    If you flip every day it will likely work, considering bacn is generally dry brined.
    You are in for a real treat with this!

Leave a comment:

• FLBuckeye
    replied
    I did a 3 lb. bacon hunk in a gallon bag and tripled the ingredients. Came out wonderful

Leave a comment:

• johnsteen
    replied
    Have four bags going right now. Saturday they come out of the fridge for a smoke. I did 1 1/2 the ingredients per bag. Will give a report when cooked.

Leave a comment:

• abscam
    replied
    Dr. ROK, there are recipes for various quantities out there. I believe you would just multiply by your quantity for larger projects. Luckily its not an exact science, like baking, as long as you get the key ingredients right, you should be OK.

Leave a comment:

• Dr ROK
    started a topic MH Bacon Recipe Question

MH Bacon Recipe Question

MH's bacon recipe uses quantities listed for 1 lb bacon, but mentions a gallon ziplock bag will hold a 3 lb slab. I'm assuming I triple the ingredients for a three pound slab?, but thought I'd get opinions from the expert bacon makers out there. First time for me, so I want to make sure I do it right. I have 20 lbs of pork belly in the freezer so doing 7, 3 lb batches would be much less prep and smoking than doing 20, 1 lb batches.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here