Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glögg injected Christmas Ham - with a mustard batter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigar
    commented on 's reply
    Skoal, brutha!

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Yep, ham must come from the rear leg.

• JCGrill
    commented on 's reply
    I think most American hams are from rear leg, the lower thigh of the hog on up to the rear shoulder. So depending on the part of the leg, you get mostly uniformly round (near the top) to a tapered cut (further down). Yours seems a bit smaller in diameter. We have other hams like picnic that come from front legs, but 'ham' typically is the back end.

• JCGrill
    commented on 's reply
    We're pretty big on skol around here.

• JCGrill
    commented on 's reply
    I totally recommend MH's double smoked recipe if this one scares you. I usually do it in an aluminum pan with a mustard glaze, so I can baste every 20 minutes or so.

• Sweaty Paul
    replied
    Wowser

Leave a comment:

• Elton's BBQ
    commented on 's reply
    Yes!

• Red Man
    commented on 's reply
    Henrik The ones I’ve gotten have been a bit rounder with the fat cap going most of the way around instead of just sitting on top.

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! I'm curious, how different? When I've been in the US I have only bought store prepped ham, ready to eat. Not raw ham.

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Sir, yes sir! Of course. Anything less would be uncivilized ;-)

• Red Man
    replied
    That ham looks really good...and quite a bit different than any ham I’ve ever seen.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    I only have one question, can you skol with Glogg ???

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Lol! I can hear that Homer Simpson voice in my head! Turned out darn good.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Same. Not a big ham guy because I tend to recall the salty boring hams from childhood. There's a world of delicious ham of which I know very little about, and I should change that.

• ssandy_561
    replied
    When I read batter I was thinking Deep Fried Ham!

Mmmmmmmm Ham! (With my best Homer Simpson voice)

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here