Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled pork tater tot hot dish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled pork tater tot hot dish

Tomorrow night our small town in mn has a Christmas tree lighting ceremony. And in typical Minnesota fashion there is a hot dish competition, yes not casserole because this is mn. My wife thought we should enter since we are opening up a local business and I found a recipe for pulled pork tater tot hotdish.. the butts are rubbed I will share the recipe as I make the hotdish tomorrow!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191128_184319.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	774280Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191128_184453.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	774281Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191128_184806.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	774282

Best of luck. Always good to see a new generation being taught the ancient art of BBQ!

Comment

Good luck. What's the recipe?

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        He said tomorrow but it already is tomorrow and I still don't see no dang recipe.

Your sous chef did a great job with the rub.

Comment

Best of luck to You and your Family. I can't wait for the "Hot Dish" recipe!

Comment

I'm interested to see the recipe. Sounds like a great idea for leftover pulled pork.

Comment

Butts are resting right now. I will mix it up in a few hours right before I head to town. Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20191129_082830.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	774452Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191129_083723.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	774453

Comment

Ok here's the recipe..10 lb or slightly larger pork shoulder smoked and rubbed how ever you do it. Pull the butt and put in two 28 ounce cans of bush baked beans and one 28 can of BBQ sauce. I preheated the sauce and beans before adding to the pork. Then cover in cheese and then put a layer of pre cooked tater tots Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191129_145025.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	774534 on top. Broil on high for about ten minutes to get the cheese bubbling.. ta-da my take on a Minnesota staple. Tater tot hotdish!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191129_160300.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	774535Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191129_155806.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	774536
              Attached Files

Comment

Now that looks like the type of comfort food that I just LOVE! Nice job - and I hope you did well in the competition.

Comment

The "hands up" pic is something like a Confirmation picture...……...…………...she's arrived!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here