Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanksgiving pork belly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Good
    replied
    We made Pork Belly Porchetta. Highly recommenced!
    The quintessential taste of Italy is not pasta, not pizza, not Barolo, and not olive oil. It is porchetta, a rich, fatty, herby, crazy fragrant, crazy good, boneless pork roast swaddled in incredibly crunchy pork cracklins, sliced, and served on a rustic bun.

Leave a comment:

• AmosMoses01
    started a topic Thanksgiving pork belly

Thanksgiving pork belly

Hi y'all, I pray everyone has had a great Thanksgiving! Today we went to have Thanksgiving dinner at our son-in-law's parents' house. They did turkey, so we brought pork. 😃

I figured pork belly burnt ends would be good, provided I kept it in the normal vein of the day... That, to me, meant not going totally BBQ as usual, but spicing/herbing like a Thanksgiving stuffing would have. So, instead of pork rub using MMD, I coated the belly cubes in onion powder, garlic powder and salt, along with white pepper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191128_073527.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	774235

After 2 hours at 325 (using hickory pellets), into the aluminum pan they went, along with the seasonings I'd use for a stuffing base - onion, celery, garlic, rosemary, thyme and parsley, along with some coarse black pepper, sauteed in butter and olive oil and with a half cup of chicken stock.

Name:	IMG_20191128_092934.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	774236

Name:	IMG_20191128_091725~2.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	774237

Ran covered in foil for two more hours, and packed up to head to the dinner. The vegetables all cooked down and caramelized wonderfully!

Pork belly this way was a great balance with the turkey. My taste buds and nose still aren't working 100 percent yet, so I can't say my call that it needed more pepper was accurate, but the family all seemed to enjoy it. 😃

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here