Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spiral cut ham on a bge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spiral cut ham on a bge

my first post. trying something new this thanksgiving as normally we have other plans. will be doing a spiral cut ham (publix brand, honeybaked equivalent, 8.8 lbs bone in) and am looking for ideas on temp, how long, orientation, etc... also, if anyone has a pineapple glaze recipe (wife's preference), i would be very obliged.

Welcome to The Pit. Sorry, but I've never smoked a ham. A few members will be along shortly with conflicting advice... (Just kidding of course...)

Comment

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB No your not kidding. Just telling the truth. But wait, don't let the new guy know.

Try the ultimate smoked ham recipe on the free portion. You will NOT be disappointed!

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      You just beat me to it. I think the apricot glaze recipe could be adapted for pineapple...

Welcome to the pit from TN. Try this:

Create the best ham you've ever tasted with this ultimate double smoked ham recipe. Ordinary store bought whole or spiral ham is taken over the top by slowly smoking it on the grill. The true star of the show, however, is the sweet and savory glaze!

I did one last year with a spiral cut ham. You should be able to adapt the apricot glaze to a pineapple one.

Comment

On a generic note you are looking for an internal temp of 140. Using a cooking temp of 275-325 you should expect a heating time of 10-15 minutes per pound.

Comment

Good advise so far. By the way. Welcome from the California Delta

Comment

Salutations from Hays​​​​​​, Kansas!

Comment

One thing to consider is most spiral hams are already cooked, at least the ones I get up here, you are merely reheating the meat.
            I cook try to cook at 275 for 15-20 mins per lb depending on the size of the ham.
            Fat side down so the meat is up to take the glaze.
            Can't help with the glaze, we use the glaze that comes with the ham. Also prefer the powdered glazes to the liquid glazes, just tastes better.
            Last edited by smokin fool; November 26, 2019, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here