Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cook Ham Sunday, Lunch on Wednesday - Advice Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cook Ham Sunday, Lunch on Wednesday - Advice Please

Hi All,

Need your advice, input, thoughts, etc. on this.

Tentatively committed to providing "Easter Ham" for this upcoming Wednesday, 4/15. Here's what I'm thinking: (because it's all about my self-preservation, i.e., I don't want to be up all night, don't want to take annual leave).

I can leisurely do the ham this Sunday using the recipe / cooking techniques from this site.

Then...

1. I'm thinking of slicing the ham up and storing it in foodsaver bags (suck out the air, keep in reefer - not frozen). This means the sliced ham would sit in the reefer from Sunday until Wednesday.

2. I would make the "dipping sauce" from Chris Lily's glaze. This could be heated up at work.

3. The only option to heat the ham up at work is microwave. We can handle this, and I assume the less than 1 minute would be enough.

So, other than the "hot off the grill", do you have any suggestions that would help maintain moistness and flavor over the 3 day wait in the fridge?

Also, any tips on reheating? I'm sure I need to keep the sauce off to the side as some folks might not like it. (waaahh)

Thanks in advance,

--Ed

I'm currently consuming leftover Easter ham. I just threw it in ziploc bags. In the microwave at work, bread, mayo....it's all good!!

Comment

If you're using food saver bags, I wouldn't think 3 days in the fridge would hurt the final product at all. Should be great.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here