Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help - Sous Vide Pork Loin Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - Sous Vide Pork Loin Roast

I need to throw this in the Sous Vide bath this morning. How long can I cook while I am at work? Would be in the bath at least 10 hours if I did it this way. Would that overcook the roast?

Thanks!

Everything depends on the temperature of the bath. Tenderness is time, doneness is temperature.

Comment

What would you recommend for 10 hours?

Comment

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        With sous vide you need to not conflate time with temperature. As Ahumadora points out, temp is doneness, time is tenderness. In other words, there is no relationship between time and temp with sous vide (unless you're trying to pasteruize but for a 10 hour cook, that's not a problem). I sous vide pork between 135 and 140 which results in a nice medium rare.

I do pork loin similar. After you take it out of the bath I would just sear it. Often I don’t even Sous Vide it and just cook it on the cool side of the kettle until it gets to 135 and sear it. If you keep it under 135 it turns out very nice.

Comment

To be blunt, your pork loin can sit in SV quite comfortably for 10 hours - no issues there at all.

Comment

Thank you. I just wanted to know how long it could go without becoming overlooked or mushy. Most revives were saying 4 hours but I was going to cook it all day while at work because I don’t have that much time after work to get dinner done.

I didn’t end up doing it. I will slice and cook as pork chops which only take an hour.

Comment

Old Glory I think you did the right thing. 10 hours SV for a pork loin seems too long IMO. It could get mushy? I have posted a link on SV pork chops that is fzxdoc tried and true recipe for brining, SV cook, and searing. If you're interested give it a try sometime it I think it works very well. There's good info from others in this link as well. Good luck. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...echnique/page2
            Last edited by Skip; November 13, 2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Old Glory
              Old Glory commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks that’s what I was worried about

Ended up doing indirect in the BGE.
            Attached Files

Comment

• jecucolo
              jecucolo commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s how it is done!

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              Yessir.

K.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here